Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Rare moments of decency  (Read 3187 times)

Alrenous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rare moments of decency
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 08:20:12 pm »

I have one set of dorms where every bed is on a floor sticking out over a cliff. Startled out of bed = death! Sleep tight!

For my moment of decency, the fort also has a water-feature dorm, which is a 10-level apartment. I was going to use glass blocks for the floor, but have no glass so it's grates instead, which is necessary because the levels alternate between bedrooms and flowing water. Go to sleep to the sound of your personal section of artificial river! (The game doesn't recognize that this would be pretty cool...but I do.)

Also, there's a waterfall past the main entrance that leads into the main reservoir before the water is pumped back up to run under the penthouse at the top. (For my mayor.)
It started raining, then all my dwarves outside started bleeding to death. On inspection their upper bodies were missing.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 08:23:25 pm »

I have one set of dorms where every bed is on a floor sticking out over a cliff. Startled out of bed = death! Sleep tight!
That has given me an idea for a hermit fortress challenge.  Build a bunch of single tile, unconnected platforms, with one big one above it where all the farmers dump rations onto the platforms.  Your hermits live on the platforms, with only a bed.  Take that, decency!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 08:40:25 pm »

That is how ALL philosophers should live.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

CursedBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 03:19:42 am »

I built a shower system using two rivers joined in a waterfall. There's a few individual shower stalls and then a larger shower intended for families with babies; the showers basically consist of a statue, a grate, and a door, surrounded by walls. No more smelly dwarves!

That has given me an idea for a hermit fortress challenge.  Build a bunch of single tile, unconnected platforms, with one big one above it where all the farmers dump rations onto the platforms.  Your hermits live on the platforms, with only a bed.  Take that, decency!

LegoLord
Crime: Dwarven rights violation
Offended party: Dwarfkind
Sentence: 4 hammerstrokes
Pages: 1 2 [3]