Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: You know your fortress is a disaster area....  (Read 5093 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: You know your fortress is a disaster area....
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2009, 02:04:49 am »

...when the map you embark on is covered in webs.

...when you are playing the game without letting dwarves on the surface.

...when you're getting "dangerous terrain" cancellations and your fort has no doors, floodgates, or bridges.

...when there is a !!pig tail sock!! in a doorway.

...when the alcohol stops being brewed.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2009, 04:40:36 am »

When your entire army has just been crushed by your first orcish siege (apart from one, who hid in a cage by getting injured), all your guys are cowering inside and you've just run out of drinks.

Well, luckily some more plants grew in my underground farms, and I was able to stock up on alcohol.  I waited for the orcs to leave, but unfortunately my poor caged army man died :(.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2009, 06:01:07 am »

At least the orcs didn't get INSIDE and bring your fortress from 90+ to less than 7 dwarves...which brings up a new one: when your marksdwarf darts outside just as the orc siege pulls up to the door, wedging it open.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2009, 10:01:07 am »

- When all the rock on the dining room floor starts melting.

- When the only food stockpile is on fire. Bonus points for the farm also being on fire.

- When the fire is burning so hot that water flashboils before putting the fire out.

- When you experiment with some new modding and the trade caravan explodes the moment it arrives.

- You realize that the moat cuts through the meeting hall after channeling out the last tile holding the magma back.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:03:52 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]