Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Giant City?  (Read 606 times)

Da King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Giant City?
« on: May 20, 2009, 06:14:53 pm »

Just recently genned a world, with low rainfall and high volcanism settings. For some reason, what appeared to be a lump of obsidian was located on the region map. Looking at the local area, I saw it was a 3X3 block, and realized it must be a city of some sort. So I embarked and checked the unit screen. On it was a LEGENDARY giant marked current resident. Looking at the map, there was a network of tunnels filled with ratmen which the Giant resided within. With nothing else to do, I made my 7 dwarves attack her for fun... and somehow win. So then I go back to the world map and see there are HUNDREDS of these places.

Anyway, long story short, There are hundreds of Giant cities in my world, any ideas what they might be useful for?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Giant City?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 06:22:22 pm »

Adventurer mode fun and Death mazes for goblins to navigate through are a few options

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 06:26:18 pm »

Alas, these are not cities. What you are looking at are caves. All sorts of nasties can reside there, from megabeasts to named creatures. I believe there is a setting to show the caves, which you possibly turned on.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Da King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 06:32:13 pm »

Ahh, that would make a lot of sense. Okay, thanks