Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Elves have Weather control????  (Read 2936 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Elves have Weather control????
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 04:05:21 pm »

The elves spend ages bioengineering while the dwarves continue to fuck the world.  It's pretty obvious.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 04:44:50 pm »

Well...
In the dwavern attempts at screwing up the elves bio-engineering, they REALLY screwed up the world, freezing deserts warm glaciers, and crashes when saving...
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 04:49:16 pm »

Cyclical ice ages? That's either weird, or cool. I think only Toady would be able to tell us if it was HFS or not, but then again, if it were... he probably wouldn't say anything or simply be cryptic about it.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 05:35:36 pm »

Or it could be, you know... Winter.
!!&!!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
No it isn't
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 06:04:43 pm »

Once every 100 years?

EDIT: Of course that's what I said.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:18:56 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 07:00:41 pm »

All nobles are actually mind controlled dwarves out to steal our precious precious minerals for the glory of elfdom?
no just to try to drive the dwarves to whatever drugs elves are taking.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 07:18:05 pm »

Once every 700 years?

no every 100 years
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 07:19:10 pm »

That's what I said.   ;D

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 07:38:45 pm »

Wow, that world is ancient. Not to mention the badessedness of ice ages, glitch or not. Now do it with Orcs and see if you can manage to get anything to survive. :P
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 07:42:48 pm »

Wow, that world is ancient. Not to mention the badessedness of ice ages, glitch or not. Now do it with Orcs and see if you can manage to get anything to survive. :P

i would but the game is REALLY glitchy, between insta-melt glaciers and frozen deserts, above all constant crashing...

can't even go without crashing long enough to make a proper fort...
— Commander Fleyitch

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 08:21:01 pm »

Too many historical figures. You may want to cut out some sort of option in the init, that might help.  Maybe.  I think something for culling historical figures is in the init...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 08:40:22 pm »

Yea, imagine a version of that Planepacked artifact bieng made for that world, with a recording of the entire history of the world. All 10,000 years of it. That would be one massive artifact. The creator might even need advanced technology just to put all the information on there, or one really big wall and a century or two, and then a few years documenting that last two centuries. The dwarf might even be dead before completion since dwarves are suppoused to be able to live quite a long time.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 08:53:42 pm »

Yea, imagine a version of that Planepacked artifact bieng made for that world, with a recording of the entire history of the world. All 10,000 years of it. That would be one massive artifact. The creator might even need advanced technology just to put all the information on there, or one really big wall and a century or two, and then a few years documenting that last two centuries. The dwarf might even be dead before completion since dwarves are suppoused to be able to live quite a long time.

if it really happened, it'd probably crash my computer, there where over 2 million events by the year 3000...
— Commander Fleyitch

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 08:27:53 am »

What world size did you pick, and did you pick the generic ones labeled by size or a homebrewed world concoction?

I picked a small world and genned it to the year 5,000 and all I got was 816,157 events.

i picked medium and genned to the year 10,000, on just custom world set to gen to the year 10,000... but i stopped at 6549 because it was REALLY slow...
— Commander Fleyitch
Pages: 1 2 [3]