Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My first Triumph of the Liberal Agenda  (Read 1068 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My first Triumph of the Liberal Agenda
« on: May 17, 2009, 03:13:46 am »

I haven' played this seriously until the latest release. I managed to get the victory with almost no violence. I found that it's entirely possible to recruit members of the CCS, Police Officers, Soldiers, and CIA agents just by talking about the issues, when you have persuasion at 20.

Things didn't really get interesting until the first Liberal president was elected, and the CCS was founded. Had a few laws shifted to Liberal, but beyond that, everything was still more or less right leaning. After a while, the CCS starting getting annoying, just by the sheer number of strikes and such. I called the last straw when they car bombed my hideout.

So, I found a member, recruited him by talking about the issues, and found their safehouse. Then, in there, I recruited five soldiers and a mercenary. Armed to the teeth, all the soldiers in Army Body Armor. Then I used them to shut down the CCS safe houses systematically. When the last one fell, and the police raided them, I gave them up. I had a lot of sleeper judges and lawyers through kidnapping, so I managed to get half of them off the hook. I immediately set them to community service.

The rest played out smoothly. After I was at the point where I could just walk up to and convince Radio Personalities, News Anchors, Corporate CEOs, and Eminent Scientists to heed my beck and call, getting to the end was simple. The whole game with almost no real violence apart from shutting down the CCS. I never even beat the people I kidnapped, but I always got them on my side before their disappearance hit the news.

Great fun.
!!&!!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: My first Triumph of the Liberal Agenda
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 05:22:36 am »

Good Job!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 05:33:34 am »

Wait.  Persuasion is capped by Charisma, and stats are upped by juice, and as far as I know everything except violence has a cap on juice gain, so to get Persuasion 20 you would have had to beat people up.  Or did you just pick locks and spraypaint like a madman for a couple years?

I always feel so inadequate hearing other peoples awesome tales of victory.  I'm at the farthest I've ever gotten, May of the first year.  Usually because I either overstep to much and get ruined, or wind up with such a massive, rambling LCS that I get sick of grinding and lose interest.  How do you guys make it that far?  Spend a lot of days just waiting?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 05:56:39 am »

Actually, Tampering with Juries at the Court House provides 10 Juice per go, and trains Persuasion and Law.. I got up to around 500 juice mostly doing that. Also, somehow it made my Charisma pass the stat cap and go to 21
!!&!!

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:49:22 am »

I don't feel it's fair to cap less violent actions though. I mean, shouldn't they just increase slower, rather than having violence be the sole path to a high level liberal?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 12:27:22 pm »

How do you guys make it that far?  Spend a lot of days just waiting?

For my own pacfist semi-victory run that didn't offically end in the Triumph of Liberalism (but did led to the election of the L+ Presidency in the first election)...pretty much. Just grinding for the first years, and then holding back.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 02:06:37 pm »

I don't feel it's fair to cap less violent actions though. I mean, shouldn't they just increase slower, rather than having violence be the sole path to a high level liberal?

It's not, though. You can just go to the Court House, find the Jury Room, and tamper with the deliberations to get a not-guilty verdict. Ten Juice per go, can go to the maximum juice level theoretically.
!!&!!

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 02:22:49 pm »

I'm well aware, I advised that in a previous thread before it was mentioned. I'm arguing that it shouldn't be removed without consideration as to how a non-violent Liberal Leader can get enough juice to lead his Liberal Comrades towards his Liberal Agenda.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 02:46:26 pm »

Well, what would you need the juice for? If you want recruits, you can either get leadership by having your own recruits get juice...or you can brainwash conservatives. If you want increased effectiveness in your actions, such as writing, well, juice is useful in that regard, but you can afford to be inefficient if you are following a non-violent approach, since the cops won't come get you.

I tampered with the jury purely for the safe one-off Liberal increase of a whole slew of political issues.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 02:50:24 pm »

I don't play nonviolent, my leader does. I want to keep him the hell out of jailtime. I also want him to have a shot at converting Conservatives to the Liberal Cause. What I do, is recruit a ton of Agents, then send them at the CCS with bodyarmor and assault rifles. Three months later, no more CCS, and I have no casualties in any of my safehouses.