Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Superpowers the world is missing  (Read 8631 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers the world is missing
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2009, 07:38:35 am »

I want the ability to see in 4 dimensions, i.e. seeing into the future and past.

Not that clairvoyance crap, that only lets you see in a small window in the future, and even then, you can't move while you're seeing the future.

I want to see things happening in the future, far into the future before they happen, just as long as they are within the line of vision of the 4th dimension. Not really sure how to say that :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2009, 08:17:11 am »

The ability to make all idiots you meet to instantly feel like they have been punched in the face.

I'd use it all the time.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2009, 08:19:55 am »

I guess I'd like to be able to make women climax just by the sound of my voice. I'd use that not all the time (because I still would need to get some) but I guess I'd use it a lot.  ;D

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2009, 12:02:19 pm »

The ability to shapeshift others.

Pranks ensue.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2009, 03:19:07 pm »

The ability to make all idiots you meet to instantly feel like they have been punched in the face.

I'd use it all the time.

You know, that fits perfectly under my illusion/experience ability, but mine is much more versatile.

My next one; the ability to control what people notice.
 You go to a stadium for some popular sport, filled with people. You then light a person's hat on fire, and prevent them from noticing. The fire spreads to their hair, then their clothing a flesh. They don't notice. As the burn away on the spot, the person beside them also catches fire, and does not notice. The first person complains of being tired (as his muscle tissue is being burned away and the fire is taking oxygen), so he goes back to his car, lighting the inside on fire and finally killing him. By this time, the fire is spreading rapidly through the crowd as you watch. People being engulfed in flames and dieing, while no one notices. Eventually, the entire stands are a great wall of fire, while the center the players play on as though there's nothing wrong. Someone's flaming foamy hand falls into the stadium grass as he collapses, lighting it on fire too. When the flames have eaten everything within, you deactivate the ability. So a while later, when the clean-up crew comes along, they are horrified as they look about the ashen remains of so many people. All over the world headlines of "Instantaneous Combustion of the such-in-such Stadium!" are heard and seen. Decades later, scientists and random people still work to crack the mystery surround this stadium, it even turns into a tourist spot and a memorial is built.

Of course, I would never use the ability for something so horrible, I don't have anything (much) against sports people. I would probably do the opposite, making people notice things that require attention. And yet, I can't think of an example off the top of my head for this. Other than city-blight, and select scandals.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2009, 07:01:29 pm »

Amazing charms and the ability to cause short-term memory loss. I don't even need to explain.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]