Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Political Propaganda  (Read 861 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Political Propaganda
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:32:02 am »

So my Ledgendary Engraver has been charging around engraving the entire fortress (because he can) and i've noticed an odd theme to his engravings.

This theme repeats across about 50 - 60% of his engravings (the others are all pictures of two dwarves; the symbol of The Tin Bodices (my home culture) or two giant eagle skulls, the symbol of The Silent Fountains (my group of dorfs.) Although Kol isn't always terrified, he is always surrounded by rats. In every single depiction of Kol, he is surrounded by rats.

The dwarf in question that is being terrorised by rats happens to be my mayor.

I'm wondering if my engraver has certain bad feelings about poor Kol :P

WhatDoesThisLeverDo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Political Propaganda
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 03:53:57 am »

Looks like someone is gonna get an iron pick in the back of the head soon. Let's call it a full brain re-educational lobotomy.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 07:04:05 am »

What is his relationship with the Mayor? Maybe the two have a grudge.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:45:48 am »

Or maybe the engraver is trying to tell you of the goblin spies in your midst!! Just to be sure, you should kill all dwarves except for the mayor and the engraver. If he still engraves that image, you must assume those two are really the goblin traitors and kill them both as well.  ;D

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 08:59:42 am »

I'll bet the mayor, in his personality profile, doesn't like rats.

If so, they (and any other dwarf who doesn't like rats) may get an unhappy thought every time they see these engravings.

Be ready for that.

You could turn on "all history" in your init file, and that might widen the scope of the artwork.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 02:23:50 am »

It's already on.

And yes, my Mayor hates rats, ironically my two cats seem to be spending most of their time dancing around outside eating faeries instead of inside killing the rats terrorising my mayor.

Fortunately i deliberately set up my fortress so that my Dorfs have to run under a waterfall to get to the booze, so they're all estatic.

Hell, i accidentally trapped half my fortress under the waterfall with an insane Elf Trader who refused to drown, even though they were all starving, dehydrated and terrified of this Elf that couldn't possibly reach them no matter how hard it tried, they were still estatic.