Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things dorfs don't mind doing...  (Read 1202 times)

johnnybeltz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Things dorfs don't mind doing...
« on: May 14, 2009, 11:47:01 am »

Dwarves don't mind watching friends die in the midst of cascading water, after all, it is a beautiful waterfall.

Dwarves don't mind standing under an opening drawbridge, because they are too busy counting how much chewing gum has accumulated underneath to notice.

Dwarves don't mind channeling the ground behind them while standing on a ledge, because 'Losing is Fun!'

Dwarves don't mind staying dirty, because who needs soap when there's magma?

Dwarves don't mind children drinking alcohol, because Nobles are too busy admiring own fine bed (etc.) to care for a mandate against it.

I could go on, but I would be here all day. If you have a good one, post it!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:49:21 am by johnnybeltz »

doctorspoof

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things dorfs don't mind doing...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 11:52:46 am »

Dwarves don't mind losing a friend to tragedy, after all, they get a nice pair of -carp leather shoes- out of it.
The best way to avoid tantrum spirals is to make sure no-one lives long enough to make any friends.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:54:59 am »

Dwarves don't mind watching a friend go insane; after all, who can notice the difference?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:46:23 pm »

Dwarfs dont mind spending their life hauling, after all, its the haulers that get the most socks.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Glod Glodsson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 01:49:12 pm »

Dwarves don't mind traversing tretcherous grounds, goblin infested corridors and flooded hallways to get to their dead comrades, after all they get all their stuff.

Dwarves don't mind leaving bits of dead animals and other rotting things in the halls rather than the trash pile, after all they get that funky purple haze that way.
DF Wisdom: Just because Urist killed a dragon bare handed, while in his birthday suit, does not mean he does not enjoy a cat meat bruschetta served with a keg of strawberry wine.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 02:13:01 pm »

Sadly, my attempts to drive dwarves that like X animal to sucicide by making them butcher large amounts of those animals were furtile.

Seriously, what sane cat lover remorselessly butchers kittens of his own cats asap they are born? How come he will gladly make totems of their baby skulls, bone bolts from their bones, cook their flesh tan, their leather and wear leather armor from kitten skins?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 02:34:18 pm »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 03:41:17 pm »

Dwarves don't mind killing bears with magma because "Only you can prevent forest fi--AUGHHHH!!!!"

Dwarves don't mind bad luck, because they eat black cats for breakfast.

Dwarves don't mind the murder of their spouses or children, just as long as they're comfortable in their brand new bed or suit afterward.

Dwarves don't mind nudist colony fortresses.

Dwarves don't mind losing, because they think it's fun. (too obvious?)

Dwarves don't mind politics. It means more entertainment for the masses when impeachment occurs. You know, the effect on dwarven skin when introduced to magma.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:05:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 06:09:35 pm »

Dwarves don't mind going to bed while on fire.  (And by "going to bed", I mean with their spouse.)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 06:14:03 pm »

Dwarves don't mind mining away the one section of wall that supports the 80z-level high tower right above them

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 10:05:35 pm »

Dwarf's don't mind walking four times the distance when building a wall.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Redhades

• Bay Watcher
  • That boy needs therapy
    • View Profile
    • My Linkedin.com profile is all bout me
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 10:58:19 pm »

Dwarfs don't mind blood and vomit splattered all over the entrance of their fortress. After all, they know quite well that this mess will magically vanish at the next season.

Nobody1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 11:03:24 pm »

Dwarves don't mind pulling levers, even if they installed them and the adjacent retractable spear themselves.