Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: War Cave Crocodiles?  (Read 1176 times)

PotatoMuncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War Cave Crocodiles?
« on: May 15, 2009, 10:04:55 pm »

How do I turn cave crocodyiles into war animals?
What do I have to edit in their file? Also, are they good war animals?

Edit: Hehehe, I have some "Stray War Cave Crocolile (Tame)"s
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:15:22 pm by PotatoMuncher »
I think we found the only thing stupider than a dwarf.
Ladies and Gentlemen; Wagons can run shit over.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: War Cave Crocodiles?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:07:27 pm »

Add [trAINABLE] to their entry in the raws, I think in creature_subterranean. Note that the uncapitalized tr in the tag is a forum bug, all the letters should be capitalized.

And cave crocodiles are fearsome animals. They will make devastating war pets.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

PotatoMuncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:09:47 pm »

Ok, thanks. does it matter where it goes on the pet information line in the txt file?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:10:45 pm »

It shouldn't. You can look at the entries for dogs in common_domestic to see where Toady put the [trAINABLE] tag and mirror it in the cave crocodile entry, just to keep things neat.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 10:15:18 pm »

just a warning cave crocs seem to be a little buggy, as they have a tendency to loose their tameness and develop a hatred of statues and visitors.  (I've had tamed, chained, un-named crocs become un-tame and marked as hostile, (whereupon they ate any elven traders that walked near) others have had them go on statue toppling rampages).

It might be advisable to keep your war crocs chained, so that you can always just build a ballista next to it if it gets out of hand.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

PotatoMuncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 10:43:04 pm »

Nah, I have a tonne of champs lying arround the meeting area. =) PERFECT! I have a statue near my trade depot, and elves trading right now =)

WhatDoesThisLeverDo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 10:49:55 pm »

just a warning cave crocs seem to be a little buggy, as they have a tendency to loose their tameness and develop a hatred of statues and visitors.  (I've had tamed, chained, un-named crocs become un-tame and marked as hostile, (whereupon they ate any elven traders that walked near) others have had them go on statue toppling rampages).

It might be advisable to keep your war crocs chained, so that you can always just build a ballista next to it if it gets out of hand.

Sold!

PotatoMuncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 11:06:55 pm »

Maybe I should try war cats... the traininer seems to be sitting there in the kennel training nothing. ALL my dogs are war/hunting dogs now

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 07:35:27 am »

oh i forgot to mention if your tame croc goes feral your military won't fight it.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Pjoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 08:00:56 am »

whereupon they ate any elven traders that walked near

I WANT CAVE CROCODILES!

Well, not really, as the dirty elves, along with humans and dwarves, are my only supply of wood... Can never have enough bins...
War Polar Bears for the win!

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 08:43:39 am »

This is a known bug - You modded your game so the dwarven caravan would bring cave crocodiles to trade right? if you get them before you have a dungeon master (the guy that makes it possible to tame exotic creatures) they will be non hostile to your dwarves, but they will still have all the fun flags in their profile, like building destroyer and MURDER ANYONE NOT FROM THE FORT RAAARGH.

Get a dungeon master before you start messing with exotic war beasts. Oh, and don't bother giving trainable to cave crocodiles. You want to give that to giant desert scorpions. And Giant Eagles. And Dragons.

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 09:01:19 am »

This.
Maybe it's better to just mod in your own war animals instead :)

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 09:23:05 am »

I have sasquatches on the map.

I modded it.

I have three war sasquatches.

I love this game.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.