Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Several problems I see  (Read 1416 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Several problems I see
« on: May 15, 2009, 07:03:27 pm »

First, I can't seem to find a single quest. I killed one semi-megabeast and know no one needs me. Can’t even find the elf or dwarves quest givers, they always seem to be hiding somewhere.

Do the majors ever get new quests? Or is it just "Game over" when they run out?

Second, Where do I get better armor and weapons exactly? I mean, I can kill almost anyone with just my iron junk (Its not easy but its do-able) but some steel would be nice. I don't have any forts in the world I'm playing in so I know I can't get the artifacts and such, but just some steel would be nice.

third, are there any programs out there that let you 1.cheat to manipulate your equipment/levels or 2. let you move one saved character to another world with his equipment and levels intact?

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Several problems I see
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:52:45 pm »

You can use Dwarf Companion to mod skills (I'm not sure how well it fares in Adventure Mode), as far as I know you can't move adventurers over to different worlds.

One way to guarantee you get a lot of quests, is to let the world only age a little bit, just long enough for towns to get set up. But not too long (Around year 20 works for me on a Medium world). That way most megabeasts and semi-megas will still be alive. If you wait for the "Percentage of Megabeasts Dead" parameter to kick in, you will be hard pushed to find any quests
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:11:42 pm »

Than again you could make your own fun, just take a group of your own civ's population and 'A'ttack someone from a netural civilization. BAM! Instant war.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 11:06:59 pm »

You can use Dwarf Companion to mod skills (I'm not sure how well it fares in Adventure Mode), as far as I know you can't move adventurers over to different worlds.

One way to guarantee you get a lot of quests, is to let the world only age a little bit, just long enough for towns to get set up. But not too long (Around year 20 works for me on a Medium world). That way most megabeasts and semi-megas will still be alive. If you wait for the "Percentage of Megabeasts Dead" parameter to kick in, you will be hard pushed to find any quests

does DC work on tileset modded games? I can't seem to get it to recogize that my game is running

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 01:09:03 am »

does DC work on tileset modded games? I can't seem to get it to recogize that my game is running
If you're running the 40d# versions then you cannot use most addons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 01:43:16 am »

in other words if I have the newest release I'm kinda screwed huh?

Ahhhhhh oh well

can you at least find stuff in quests?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 07:04:21 pm »

There is no gameplay effecting changes, other than how fast it can zip along, between .40d and .40d#s
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned