Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament  (Read 20705 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2012, 07:24:16 pm »

No wins this tourny, but I have definitely gotten significantly better at the game. I've probably gotten as many characters to level 10+ this tournament as I have the entire time I've played crawl.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2012, 07:25:09 pm »

...And time!

Wow, really touch and go at the end there - I kept falling from 3rd place in total species-class combos to 4th. Ended up tied for 3rd with 15 combos (so 3 behind 2nd, or 32 behind first.) Helped keep the Beasts up in 3rd place for clans too at 26 combos (behind 47 and 40 for 1st and 2nd place.)

The Beasts ended up in 11th place by 103 points, just barely missing out on the top 10.

Good work everyone!

I nearly managed to turn a Minotaur Conjurer into an actual character... as a spellcaster! After I found a ring of wizardry then the +1 robe of Royalty {rPois rF+ Str+1 SInv} on level 6 of the dungeon, I figured why not? Was actually doing pretty well with it, had Vehumet helping my casting, and was throwing around Mystic Blasts and Lightning Bolts.

Got to the bottom of swamp, but ran into one-too-many dragons in the rune vault.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2012, 02:07:10 pm »

I'm quite disappointed in myself. I did quite poorly and wasn't as active as I could have been. Still, I did get a few nice characters up, and it was a good experience, so meh.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2012, 03:08:43 pm »

I'm quite disappointed in myself. I did quite poorly and wasn't as active as I could have been. Still, I did get a few nice characters up, and it was a good experience, so meh.

This should be the Recruits motto, since I feel pretty much the same way.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2012, 03:21:36 pm »

I did better than I had in past tournaments!

...which isn't saying much.

Octopodes are pretty sweet, but you damn sure need to find a =oProtection early on.

Also, was it just me, or were there a hell of a lot more people playing than in past tournaments?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2012, 03:47:57 pm »

was it just me, or were there a hell of a lot more people playing than in past tournaments?

I didn't play last time, but I observed, and I think there were way fewer people participating last time.  This time there were 1308 registered players.

Regardless of our finish, I had a good time.  Also, congrats to the Beasts on a solid performance.  I feel like unless you study this game fanatically, it's quite hard to get anywhere near the top few teams.

Also, I have no clue how those people play so fast.  I had a spellcaster that spent about 19 hours just to get to Vaults:8!!

Now that the tourney's over, I don't think I'll have it in me to play much for a while.  It's not the same when you can't see your points go up as you progress, or get shiny banners for certain achievements, lol.  Maybe I'll pick it up again once .11 or .12 is out and a new tourney begins :D.

I've had aspirations of making a screenshot + narrative chronicle of the adventures of a HoFi, gone on a mecca to pledge allegiance to Beogh, but I think I'll wait at least until a new tournament is on the horizon to sink that deep into nerd-dom.  Real life awaits.

tldr; good times.  see you next tourney.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]