Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Organization Mod (help please)  (Read 3258 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Organization Mod (help please)
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 06:27:50 pm »

Don't bother, I don't know C++.  Though, if it's just a simple file-swap, I could do that.

Guess I'll have to wait, which isn't all bad, as it means I have something else to look forward to.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 08:54:00 pm »

I need to download a compiler to get this working, so this may take a while. I got a couple of questions...

1) See, Stalinism is known for its industralization program. So you would expect it to be anti-pollution regulations. But Stalinism is also known for its alleged support of the working class, maybe more in theory than in practice, since industralization required lower workers' wages. But the Stalinist Comrade Squad can only attack the Factory (which sways pollution regulations and workers' rights). If they attack the Stalinist Comrade Squad to support Workers' Rights, they will also make pollution regulations tighter,
2) Furthermore, the internal moving of non-Russian peoples during WWII and the Russian chavuism suggest that the Stalinists are anti-immigration. But if the Stalinists attack the Sweatshop to support enforcement-first policies, they are also attacking workers' rights. On the other hand, I could expect the Stalinists to not exactly care about promoting anti-immigrant ideals, considering that they are spreading the Russian Revolution into America.
3) The code now has it that attacking the Cigar Bar will promote women's rights. Women's rights! The Stalinists want to abolish corporations, but historically, they have a somewhat conservative social policy, altough women's rights were at least formally granted. Surely, the Stalinists are in now in a a bind...
4) How do you affect the Military issue? And the Elections issue? The code doesn't say anything. I'm going to assume it will be indirectly. (The Stalinists are for an active military policy to promote the Revolution, but...um...Competitive Elections? Is that a...type of food?)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:59:50 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 09:48:12 pm »

I don't know if you've thought of it already, but the Stalinist Comrade Squad should heavily target the Downtown Apartments, as that promotes higher taxation, higher wages, and I believe a few other issues.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 10:00:41 pm »

Actually, that's all attacking the Apartments affects (CEO Salary and Taxation). I was also planning on placing gun control there as an issue that can be affected by attacking the Apartments, but I'm considering having Gun Control being affected by attacking the Court House, as it fits the "Court Houses affecting Social Issues" theme.

Yeah, attacking the Apartments is a nice way to promote higher taxes and CEO Salaries, so the Stalinists can safely ignore the Cigar Bar. Plus, their attacks on the Court House will also affect Women's Rights in addition to Gay Rights, Free Speech, Death Penatly, Civil Rights, etc. Just one attack! Man, that Court House must be powerful.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:02:47 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 11:28:18 pm »

You can't fight city hall, but who needs to?

The Court House is where it's at!

In most LCS runs, I focus on hitting the Court House early and often, along with getting a Judge or two in my pocket.  Come election time, have the sleeper Judges promote Liberal Issues, and you got it made!  They can spend the other 9 months of the year rebuilding their infiltration via Laying Low.

Plus, the Liberal Judges are pretty easy marks for seduction, and can talked into it by somewhat skilled liberals!

Most people think the Hippies are the corner stone of the Liberal Machine...
I know that corner stone is on the street corner, the Prostitute!

Also, you should have the Stalinists hit the CEO Residence and the Corporate HQ, as those locations are counter to their beliefs.  Plus, it would be cool.
Pages: 1 [2]