Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question  (Read 1670 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 04:22:22 pm »

I was wondering...
If we often have people in court, and (some people) often have activists "tempering" with the jury, why are these events never coinciding?
I suggest a system where you have a random amount of trials (based off the state of the issues, but say, 1000 on average) every month plus all your guys on top of that (because you always know at the start of the month who will be in the courthouse), and you would have a chance to influence one of your own cases (and in cases where you have a 100 people arrested during a failed sucesseful siege, a pretty good chance too!).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 05:42:53 pm »

But surely the jury contains somebody who didn't "really" agree with you.

The text for a successful jury convincing is a reference to the movie Twelve Angry Men.  If you haven't seen that movie, you should, because then you'll get a good idea of what's really going on.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 10:01:50 am »

But surely the jury contains somebody who didn't "really" agree with you.

The text for a successful jury convincing is a reference to the movie Twelve Angry Men.  If you haven't seen that movie, you should, because then you'll get a good idea of what's really going on.

While hilarious, it's not really in tone with the game.

What I meant, there's got to be ONE guy who will turn you in to the police. Eventually, they'll get enough reports to actually set up an ambush.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 10:05:37 am »

They would, if they weren't spineless conservative sheep.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 10:10:33 am »

But there's witness protection or whatever.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 05:08:16 pm »

juice is gained through crime, whether breaking and entering, theft, kidnapping, murder, releasing lab animals, graffiti and others. Tell your friends!

Juice should probably also be gained by serving a prison sentence to completion, as time spent behind bars for one's cause is a classic means of radicalizing members of political movements.

If we had a political issue specifically tracking prison conditions, I'd say juice would only be gained if it was to the right of liberal (i.e., emphasizing the punitive over rehabilitative); I suppose this could be pulled out of the current Human Rights, Police Regulation, and/or Death Penalty issues.

Hmm... yes... M = 1 juice per 2 months, C = 1 juice per month, and C+ = 2 juice per month. I would say it would need a cap, but given the probability of death penalties avoiding excessively long sentences in the C+ area, it could probably be omitted, or fairly high; 150 or 200...
Pages: 1 [2]