Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Awesome Detail  (Read 1010 times)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Awesome Detail
« on: May 05, 2009, 09:26:41 am »

I checked civ's to see what i was going up against, then i checked the "Chosen Warrior" civ ( it's a mod ) and i read this:

Osmmuk Ngobolsmo Ummu Sulo       Ruler
Toslu Ozspomu               Local Leader/Master Lasher
RAWRIEVIL Poyifefathe Efacirithesa   Dark Elf Mageelf

HOLY CRAP. My adventurer is batting for the enemy? :o
I wasn't aware that when you "Retire as a peasent" it literaly means: You're now a peasent of that civ.

I'm appearently one of their recruits ( I could fight my OWN adventurer! ).

So...I'm now a soldier? It would be epic to find myself leading an army of Chosen Warriors ( Demons ) against MYSELF then loot the fortress in adventure mode. ;D

If it's possible to fight your adventurers in this way. Then i'm off to get a good 50 well trained enemies to face me in fortress mode...WAIT, i could make an adventurer with "Vomit" for a weapon. :D  Lol, get raped by a guy with vomit... The oppurtunity for lulz is endless.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Detail
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:36:11 am »

or make him a peasant at a human village and embark there

you know protect youreself with youreself, just give him some nice gear.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:48:17 am »

The practical question is, if your adventurer takes your fortress in the siege, do you get to start from there when you return to playing him?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:30:19 pm »

It's this kind of craziness that really makes it worthwhile to simulate the world outside the fortress. And the future promises even more. I can't wait to be able to dig and build in Adventure Mode.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 05:11:24 pm »

Now how awesome would it be to start in adventure mode as a dwarf, buy a wagon and get some other dwarfs to follow you. Then travel with them to a site at which point the game switches to fortress mode. Buld a little, leave and return after 20 years to see the mountainhome built in your absence.

• Found your own civilisation as its ruler.
  • Buy a pick and go mining. Unleash HFS upon the unsuspecting world.
  • Start as a dragon and let goblins worship you as their god. Tell them to bring you treasures from your past fortresses.
  • Reroute rivers, drain swamps and build roads across the land. Build a dam over a human city. Flush them out with the accumulated water.
  • Build elaborate deathtraps and abandon. Read up on all the unfortunate adventurers who entered your trapped fort, watch them fail.
  • Become a necromancer. Lead an army of the dead to total victory.
  • Flood the world with magma (for real this time).
  • Catch 1000 wolves in cage traps. Train them to attack elves. Put cages in an elf dwelling and release all the hungry wolves. Read about the event in legends mode.
  • Etc.

This game has so much potential for awesome :)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 06:54:24 pm »

It's this kind of craziness that really makes it worthwhile to simulate the world outside the fortress. And the future promises even more. I can't wait to be able to dig and build in Adventure Mode.
Mayor/Leader of Town: "Your goal is to collapse the entire civilization."
Adventurer: "Okay."
*1 month passes*
Adv: "It is done, and it was really exhausting."
M/LoT: "What happened on your quest?"
Adv: "Well, first I needed a shovel, then I made a small bunker to defend myself from the keep, I dug a little too deep and wide and, uh... yadda yadda yadda, it collapsed big time!"
M/LoT: "Explain "big" time!"
Adv: "I think I literally collapsed their civilization. :P"

EDIT:
I fear this would become the end result of many a quest by mostly-new adventurers.

EDIT2:
The new mega-weapon, the almighty pick!!! They should definitely be artifacts of some sort in Adventure mode, considering the fact that you can destroy damn-near anything with one.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 07:06:56 pm by Itnetlolor »