Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another interesting site.  (Read 935 times)

azazel

• Bay Watcher
  • Department of Redundancy Department
    • View Profile
Another interesting site.
« on: April 03, 2009, 11:42:37 pm »

Despite this amazing site: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=32682.0 , I decided to go out and look for another one. I managed to find an interesting one, but have no idea how to show it to you. It's a 5x5 site with magma pipe, underground river, chasm, a small river in the north-east corner, and plenty of flux in the form of marble. Also crazy amounts of malachite, if anyone would want it.

I'm, unfortunately, completely new to the game (thanks to Tiny Pirate for writing that very useful tutorial), so I kind of suck at figuring out loads of stuff; in this case - how to give you the information necessary for you to find the site yourselves.
マグマキッド

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another interesting site.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 12:07:54 am »

i think i've seen that site when trying to minimize my embark location. if somebody was to search for it with the parameters in your post and a relativelly small area (i suggest 5x3, think that did it for me). you can make a screenshot of the embark screen in the usual manner and use df map archive to show off what's there.

also, you can abandon and Reclaim your fortress, it will show you where it's located.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:11:34 am by kotekzot »
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

azazel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 12:34:26 am »

Ah, maybe I should mention that it's a completely new world. I wasn't actually looking for a chasm, but if they give it to me, I'm not complaining. Also, river and magma pipe are right next to each other (although on different z-levels), so for those who do obsidian farming, it shouldn't be a major problem. I'm trying to figure out how to get everything in order to upload to that DF map archive.
マグマキッド

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Mica for it's perfect cleavage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 12:53:53 am »

Press ESC
Export an image
Select the layers you want shown
Export them
Use the map converter to convert ANY ONE of the the layer's (this will convert all of them into one file)
Upload the converted file
I never really got that excited over Microcline... Oh wait, THAT blue stuff.

azazel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 01:02:47 am »

Yeah, I figured it out - couldn't get a clean shot of everything, since my fortress (or whatever you'd call it, I must admit to sucking pretty hard at this game so far :D )is in the way, but you can at least see the features.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-13014-undergroundriverandmagmapipe
マグマキッド

Vanguard Warden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 05:44:21 pm »

Is the end of the river anywhere near the pipe? If so, I'll take it.

azazel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:22:29 am »

Egads, this was an old post. I think I still have the actual map going at home though - and yes, you can see the end of the river - start of river is very close to magma pipe, end of river is just down (south) from that. I'll fix the worldgen parameters when I get home.
マグマキッド