Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leaving your fortress  (Read 781 times)

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Leaving your fortress
« on: October 20, 2006, 03:29:00 am »

There is an option to abandon your fortress. Could there be an option to leave it, bing bringing with you all your dwars, food and stuff.

To do that, you would need to build a caravan, use mule to carry the wagon, decide what you want to bring with you.

And once are ready, here leave your fortress !

This group is now ready either to reclain a fortress, or create a new one.

However, you would need to reduce the food quantity, roll some damages to the caravan, and eventually allow some dwarfs to leave you.

And other possibility (but probably waaaay too early in DF development), allow you to guide your caravan on the world map, to find a new site. And eventually meet some hazards.

Wood Gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving your fortress
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 04:29:00 am »

i regularly breed horses for meat, so why couldn't the wagons be pulled by horses instead of mules?  mules often get eaten during the first winter and getting more is unreliable.  just a thought...
cause of unexplainable mischief

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 11:04:00 am »

By the time this feature is implemented (if it ever is), you'll probably be able to train any large animal as a beast of burden.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 06:20:00 pm »

Here's an idea:  Just have a "create caravan" option.  The dwarves could build wagons, assign items, dwarves, mules, horses, and other things to them, then send them out.  This wouldn't end the current fortress, and only the people and things that the player chose to send would get sent.

Later, when starting a new fortress or reclaiming, the player could choose from all of the wagons they currently have sent out.  They could even bring multiple caravans to the same fortress.

Caravans could even be sent to existing fortresses, to supply them with necessary people and items.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Nobody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 01:15:00 am »

Dwarven Trail?
A HREF="http://www.adventuresofbrian.org<BR>">www.adventuresofbrian.org
 My Personal Exercise in Futility

"oh, but the knobby ends can all bite in yours, so it''s like... more advanced tentacle demons where they have lil mouths."
-Toady One

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 09:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nobody:
<STRONG>Dwarven Trail?</STRONG>

You have shot 20,000 lbs. of Elephant, but are only able to carry back 200 lbs. to the wagon.

John

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 06:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nobody:
Dwarven Trail?

If I'd only spent my school hours reading instead of playing that game...

[ October 23, 2006: Message edited by: John ]

[ October 23, 2006: Message edited by: John ]