Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Case of the leather bags  (Read 1044 times)

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Case of the leather bags
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:24:47 am »

I was playing my fort of 98 dwarves, when I get a message that my woodcutter cancels fell tree:resting injury. So I zoom to where he is - in the barracks resting, alongwith a miner and a peasant. There are 2 trails of blood, one leads to the other barracks on the other side of my staircase, where there is another injured miner. The other goes half a screen to the southeast, goes down a slope, and ends. There are 3 leather bags which I don't own lying around there, ie (donkey leather bag). Now I get a message that a peasant has bled to death, zoom to his corpse which is another three screens SSW of the scene of the accident. No bag there. There is one more leather bag three screens north of the accident, inexplicably.

There were no hostiles around at the time.

A wagon left pretty recenty, so my guess is that a wagon rolled on top of whoever was under that slope, seriously injuring all of them and carrying one away under it's wheels. The bags are a mystery.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: The Case of the leather bags
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 08:35:11 am »

bags are from child snatchers, and they usually drop them as soon as they are spotted, then run like hell... after using that knife on you once.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 09:17:05 am »

No, if it was a child snatcher he would know, he would have gotten an alert about it.
Hmm, have you modded your game any?

Dizzerp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:39:04 am »

maybe they were putting them in a stickpile or something

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 02:29:43 pm »

Hmm yeah probably were child snatchers, there's been quite a few. So just a coincidence about the bags then. They weren't just being stockpiled, because I never make leather bags and I don't leave shit lying around outside. I thought they must've been from an exploding wagon or something. It definately wasn't child snatchers that heavily maimed 2 legendary dwarves and a peasant, and killed another peasant, all at the same time.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 05:15:12 pm »

Sparring incident.  Common occurrence.  Coupled with a child snatcher.  Weird.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned