Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan Access  (Read 387 times)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caravan Access
« on: April 30, 2009, 04:39:19 pm »

Well, I just had a caravan bypass me because my location is apparently inaccessible. I then went onto shift+d to see where it could access. The entire map was red X's, meaning that there was no access, anywhere in the world, even though I saw the caravan walk over the map ( around my ramps down, in fact)

Is this a bug, because I hadn't changed anything to do with my entraceway since the last caravan, and I kinda needed those supplies...

EDIT: In fact, this is a bug, the caravan did actually go to my depot, despite the inaccessible message occuring
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 04:41:00 pm by Elvin »

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan Access
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 05:01:21 pm »

The message you got was for wagons being able to access your depot. The rest of the caravan was on pack animals and could still arrive. Wagons need a three-tile wide path with no trees, boulders, or other obstacles.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

dornbeast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan Access
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 05:32:30 pm »

Well, I just had a caravan bypass me because my location is apparently inaccessible. I then went onto shift+d to see where it could access. The entire map was red X's, meaning that there was no access, anywhere in the world, even though I saw the caravan walk over the map

Access is measured from your trade depot.  If you use shift+d when you're looking at the depot, you'll probably see a few green tiles.  You can use them to figure out where you need to make changes.
Quote from: Dornbeast
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.