Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HFS Spoiler  (Read 1117 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
HFS Spoiler
« on: April 30, 2009, 08:35:33 pm »

Well, I've been thinking here... Water does push objects... Does pressurized water push demons as well? I was considering that maybe a high column of water could possibly push the demons to a bottomless pit or chasm?

Say, could that work?  ???
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: HFS Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:05:11 pm »

It would take a lot of water...
It wouldn't work for spirits of fire, and I somewhat doubt it would work for any other demons, plus a set-up like that would be extremely difficult to create, you'd have to know the EXACT location of the pit, mine around it, find a chasm/pit, and get running water down there.
Fund it!

Oh, and another question, can flying creatures ignore water? :o

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 09:36:42 pm »

Flying creatures certainly wouldn't get pushed into the bottom of a chasm by water. That does it for normal demons (spirits of fire, of course, cannot be touched by water as they evaporate it well before it reaches them). Toad demons can swim, so they wouldn't get pushed either, I don't think. That just leaves the tentacled ones.

In any event, pushing things with water is a very iffy prospect, because once the water reaches 7/7, it doesn't push, even if it's flowing.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:41:33 pm »

Water could push the demons, even the swimming ones(although it would not be quite as effective against them as they can try to fight the current), but as Smew said, it would take alot of pre-planning.  It also can't be too much pressure, since really high pressure water often teleports instead of actually flowing.

A single spirit of fire would also throw the whole plan out the window unless temperature is off.  Spirits of fire flash boil water that gets anywhere near them, making it impossible to drown a spirit of fire, and making them a mobile waterbarrier, preventing water from getting past.

(EDIT:Beaten)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 09:47:58 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:19:30 pm »

It would take a lot of water...
It wouldn't work for spirits of fire, and I somewhat doubt it would work for any other demons, plus a set-up like that would be extremely difficult to create, you'd have to know the EXACT location of the pit, mine around it, find a chasm/pit, and get running water down there.
Fund it!

Oh, and another question, can flying creatures ignore water? :o

Oh, I will... But let me wait for my pc upgrade first, or otherwise, it will rape my frame rate to death...
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.