Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DTil scripting Question  (Read 938 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DTil scripting Question
« on: May 02, 2009, 02:48:22 pm »

If this belongs under gameplay questions, I apologize.

Anyway; I'm trying to channel out a rediculous amount of stairs, and I was wondering if there was any way to script some sort of plugin (like the DTil scripter) to remove all up/down stairs on a z-level for me.

Is this possible? If so, is there anywhere I can get some example of how to do this?

I can't use the AutoHotkey tool because as far as I've seen, it cannot tell what kind of tile the cursor is on; if I made a script for it, walls as well as stairs would be channeled.

Alternatively, is there any way to designate up/down stairs for removal similar to ramp/up-stair removal? Or, is there some utility for this?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:21:58 pm by Slappy Moose »
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: DTil scripting
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 05:46:22 pm »

Well, when you can designate the up-down stairs for removal, and that will get rid of the up-stairs themselves, but if you're planning to just channel it out then I don't really know how to get rid of down stairs other than building a floor over them. :P

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 05:58:19 pm »

How do I designate up/downs stairs for removal? I tried the "Remove Up Stairs/Ramps" command but that doesn't work.

Or are you referring to manual removal via channeling each individual tile out?
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 06:06:39 pm »

Designating them as "Remove Up Stairs/Ramps" should get rid of the upstairs, but not the downstairs.
If it's not... well, I have no idea. O_o