Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Floating knocked-out corpse(?); caged human can't be released  (Read 685 times)

FFWF

As far as I'm aware, I'm using the latest version, 21.181.40d.

My first issue seems similar to the following fixed issue from the bug list: "000036 ▪ (0.22.120.23a) [dwarf mode][combat] flying dead corpses still show the flashing ko symbol"  Basically, there was an... incident a while back with a trap I wanted to get rid of that went horribly wrong - a floor suspended in mid-air that was meant to drop on enemies, which I then decided to recycle into something more interesting, so I triggered it.  Smashed through several floors.  Anyway, ever since that incident there have been two bugged dwarves in the area: Both are flashing up Xs, which I think means they're knocked out; they exist using K but neither show up using V, although they can be selected on the Unit list (with No Job); one of them is lying on the ground, and is apparently holding some rotten item or other which I can't identify because I can't view his profile; the other is floating in mid-air one z-level above ground, with nothing suspending him.  They've been like this for... I don't know, a year?  Two?  (I'm not good at keeping track of time.)  Nobody's making any efforts to recover them.  I even tried building a floor over to and under the one that was in mid-air, but it made no difference, with the floor or without it.

My other problem has elements which resemble this, again on the bug list and I think fixed: "000555 ▪ (0.27.169.33e) [dwarf mode][interface][building construction] cage containing goblin thief showed up as empty on construction screen"  So some human merchants clashed with some goblins, and a human lasher was left missing a leg, slowly crawling away to the edge of the screen.  On a whim, I captured him.  Despite being carted around the fortress and set up for people to gawk at, guy's still friendly.  Maybe he thinks it's for his own good, I don't know.  Anyway: When I try to release him from a cage, the dwarves just transfer him to another cage.  I've tried this several times and every time the dwarves haul another cage over to his cage and put him in it.  Maybe this is legit?  I'm going to try and sell him back to the humans, so I'll either get him out of the fortress, or that cage bug will let him escape.  Oh, and the cages seem to show up as empty on the construction screen, in the sense that they don't say "Human cage," they just get stacked with all the other cages of their type.