Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Meetup parking and carpool thread.  (Read 1904 times)

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
DF Meetup parking and carpool thread.
« on: April 19, 2009, 04:36:24 pm »

This thread is for coordinating parking and organizing carpools for the Dwarf Fortress Meetup on May 9.  If you are coming from a city or an area of the country where somebody else also needs to get to the meetup, consider carpooling!  Consolidating into fewer cars seriously makes it easier and cheaper to find parking in the city.

So if you are looking for a ride or wanting to carpool, post in this thread where you're coming from.  If you see somebody coming from the same place and want to carpool, please use private messages to coordinate!  This'll keep the thread less crowded and make it easier for other people to find rides.

This thread is also for good parking recommendations in Seattle.  My favorite lot is almost always open, and it's quite close to the restaurant.  Going north on Alaskan Way (not the viaduct, the surface street that runs along the waterfront,) turn right on Pine st. and you're there.  It's public parking, so you pay $2.50 an hour until 6 PM, after which point it's free.  It's a damn sight better than paying 15 bucks at a private lot!

Once you're there, go up the stairs to Western avenue, then turn right and walk downhill until you reach another long stairway.  The brewery's right at the top of the second stair.

The only problem with the lot is that it's small enough that enough DF fans might fill it up!  So if anybody else knows another good lot, speak up as well.

See you guys at the meetup.
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Meetup parking and carpool thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 04:51:07 pm »

I've got 3 (4 if someone is willing to sit in the middle in the back, might be a bit cramped) seats going up from olympia.  Only requirement is that if we have to pay for parking, everyone chips in.

:edit: and I will be going to the pre-dinner zoo trip.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
From Redding, CA
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:27:13 am »

I live in Redding, in Northern California.  If you want me to pick you up on the way up, I can do it as long as you're pretty much right off the I5.
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

madpraxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 05:43:55 pm »

Portland, OR...

If you live near there or on the way north from there I'd be more then happy to swing by and give you a lift for a small cash donation....If anybody wants to go zoo trippin I'm game for leaving earlier....

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 12:07:40 pm »

Driving down from Vancouver, BC, Canada, room for 5 extra people in car.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 06:49:05 pm »

Well I have one possibly a second person coming. I have room for 2 more and everyones comfortable, another 2 if people feel like sitting the middle.

I ask that everyone chips in for at least parking, gas is always appreciated.

I have no problem going to the zoo meetup if other people want to go to it and I'm taking them...

So again. room for 3 possibly 4 more. Kitsap County area. I can go out to Bainbridge possibly the ocean coast.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 10:27:24 pm »

I'm not coming from too far, Kirkland to be specific, but I can take between 1 and 3 depending on which car I drive.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 11:48:49 pm »

Tahin and I are staying at the Panama Hotel and Tea House on main between 6th and 7th.
That's a little bit out of the way from the brewery, so it may be easier if someone swings by.
We can get to the amtrak station easily.

We are also going to try to get to the Zoo, depending on if there's a ride.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.