Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zero_rent rooms - nobles and legendaries only?  (Read 1611 times)

Ryalseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zero_rent rooms - nobles and legendaries only?
« on: April 28, 2009, 09:48:08 pm »

I'm playing in a very quiet, peaceful embark location and I've set ZERO_RENT on so my dwarves can relax in an all-obsidian luxury hotel, in time.

However, when I try to reassign bedrooms now that the economy's been activated, only nobles and legendary dwarves are able to be selected. Many of my dwarves are without rooms now, and it's really counter to my intentions to have to set up barracks... what have I screwed something up here, or is this some kind of new bug?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zero_rent rooms - nobles and legendaries only?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:11:16 am »

I'm playing in a very quiet, peaceful embark location and I've set ZERO_RENT on so my dwarves can relax in an all-obsidian luxury hotel, in time.

However, when I try to reassign bedrooms now that the economy's been activated, only nobles and legendary dwarves are able to be selected. Many of my dwarves are without rooms now, and it's really counter to my intentions to have to set up barracks... what have I screwed something up here, or is this some kind of new bug?

1. Did you  set ZERO_RENT before  the embark? I don't think you can change it afterwards.

2. It's possible that ZERO_RENT only makes dwarves not actually pay rent, but doesn't  necessarily allow them to  live somewhere  they couldn't have lived if  they did have  to pay rent.

Ryalseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 01:29:14 am »

I did set the option prior to embarking.

As to the latter... my dwarves often have huge accounts, so there's no reason they couldn't afford a room, as these are quite cheap rooms for the moment, just a bed and a door. But it's not an option for any of them.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:26:29 am »

Hmm, I never had any problems with zerorent.

Maybe you have a biiiig bedroom, and only one bed actually designated as bedroom? The others just become "decoration", maybe.

I dont know, it's just blind guessing, but we hafta start somewhere.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 09:42:53 am »

You can't assign rooms to dwarfs that aren't legendary or noble once the economy kicks in. You just have to set them up and hope they take the rooms you want.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 10:08:49 am »

Ah yes. They just pick em.