Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: missing wagon  (Read 508 times)

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
missing wagon
« on: April 27, 2009, 12:12:23 pm »

i tried searching for this, but maybe i got my search terms wrong.

Has anyone seen the wagon not appear?  My dwarves landed on a tiny spike of land one z-level above everything near it, not wide enough for a wagon.

so apparently i didn't get one. 

i brought a lot of tower-cap, so i'm not sure if i got the wood for it back. 
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

vitaoma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: missing wagon
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 12:30:01 pm »

Your stuff is somewhere, just the wagon isn't. It happened to me twice before, always in very high maps.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:34:26 pm »

If it is not wide enough for a wagon, then you don't get one. Things to check:

-Do you have a depot?
-Did you use the (D)epot Accessability view?

If you have, and it all looks fine, then maybe the Dwarves are wiped out.

If other traders arrive, then it is simply a case of inaccessability.

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 02:39:29 pm »

Thanks vitaoma.  I think chaoticag may have just pasted a quickphrase without reading what I said..
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 03:33:10 pm »

(That happens a LOT around here.)  ::)

The wagon is only good for deconstructing for 3 more wood - which is not anything that ~I~ turn down, but that's rarely a dealbreaker.  Good luck!

Jakkarra

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 04:22:22 pm »

i wouldent worry about the actual wagon (i shift the tower caps as quick as possible, i dont like seeing their name)

is your stuff anywhere? if not, you probably still have the picks, as i think miners start with em on, so dont worry TOO much, just try to survive for the Traders.

Love, jakkarra

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 04:30:10 pm »

You lost three pieces of wood (the stuff that normally you could've gotten by deconstructing the wagon) but nothing else - it might be scattered around however - check the area around the "spire" you started zoomed to.

I encountered this bug in a previous version and, at the very least, those were the conditions I encountered.

This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 09:54:30 am »

i found all my stuff, just found the missing wagon odd. 

Thanks, all. 

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 10:52:57 am »

It happened to me several times. You would be surprised how much I missed those 3 logs.
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Livonya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 03:10:54 pm »

This has happened to me.

I had to re-start several times due to the problem as I was going to forge an axe, and without the wagon I had no way to fuel the forge as I couldn't chop down any trees.

In my experience if the spot you started in isn't big enough for a wagon then you don't get a wagon.  It appears to me that you need a 3x3 space that is clear of obstructions to get the wagon.