Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invincible dwarves  (Read 668 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Invincible dwarves
« on: April 26, 2009, 12:54:12 am »

If I want my miners to be able to survive 7+ z-level falls or massive amounts of rock collapsing onto them, what would I do? Raise the damblock, or is there some other tag I can add?
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
Re: Invincible dwarves
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 02:00:22 am »

Nothing can survive rocks falling on them, that's instadeath.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 08:56:43 am »

Raising the Damblock will help, another thing that would also help would be to raise the size token as well.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 09:27:31 am »

Actually, a creature can survive falling rock if it is knocked out from under the collapsing tile during the cave in.  To make it more able to survive that, up size and damblock to insane levels.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 01:26:45 pm »

Alright, I'll try that or I may just use a support and a lever to drop the big thing I need dug out.

Thanks though, I'll keep all that in mind.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.