Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Huntmaster Noble  (Read 839 times)

Arm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Huntmaster Noble
« on: October 14, 2006, 06:43:00 pm »

Something I would Like to see is a noble "huntmaster" this noble would be like a combination of the bookeeper and manager. he would keep a list of the wild animals in the location of the fort as well as a number of current ones on the map at the moment ( the bookeeper functon ) and he can tell the trappers you have to "hunt" a specific number of a specific animal ( manager function ), I got the Idea for this guy when I had a Noble Demand fox leather items and my trappers couldn't kill a fox for love nor money ( and yes they were native to my map )

[ October 14, 2006: Message edited by: Arm ]

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Huntmaster Noble
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 07:16:00 pm »

Genious.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 07:59:00 pm »

Indeed it is genius.
Maybe add a way to manage EXACTLY what material my masons use to make tables?  I have a demand for a schist table, I have schist and 3 mason workshops turning out stone tables, but I have as of yet (since the dawn of my fort) to see a schist table.
Or another demand: "sapphite item in throne room."
I have sapphires....and no way to make an item out of sapphire that I can then PLACE in a specific place OR a way to encrust an existing specific item (i.e. the throne) with sapphires.
And I'd like a way to force the hauling of the 9 lye buckets I have littering my ashery preventing me from making potash ("OMGZorz! I have no lye!" say the dwarves).

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 09:28:00 pm »

Uses perhaps for guild representatives?
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 09:36:00 pm »

Perhaps.
Except hauling the d*mn lye.  It doesn't even show up in the Jobs list.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 09:55:00 pm »

A hunting guild representative could actually be interesting. Of course considering the guild reps do nothing as of yet it woudl just be another burden on your economy, but...
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 09:46:00 am »

if you want to kill a certain animal, why not just use your military?

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 12:47:00 pm »

Somewhat off-topic, but the only way I've been able to make a "Gem_Type" object to place in their throne room, is to build a window of said material in the room.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 03:44:00 pm »

I'll try that.  My noble didn't like his sapphire encircled floodgate.

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 06:59:00 am »

*snicker* Can you imagine trying to present a real-life noble with a fancy, gem-encrusted floodgate so he can put it in his office?
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

Wahnsinniger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 02:09:00 pm »

Despite that we have too many nobles already, a Huntmaster does seem like a good idea.

Plus various Guild Representatives allowing you to choose specifically what material to use is a Great idea. Don't see it happening soon though.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 11:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Seryntas:
<STRONG>*snicker* Can you imagine trying to present a real-life noble with a fancy, gem-encrusted floodgate so he can put it in his office?</STRONG>

Yes!  Yes I can!
Er...maybe not. But they'd probably keep it on a shelf or something (floodgates aren't that large--I've seen one that supplies an entire apple orchard (easily double digit acres) with water that's only 1'x1'.  Mind, the orchard isn't a production orchard anymore, it's been a tourist attraction and deer feeder for, like, 40 years).

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 12:16:00 am »

Well, some players make a gift of floodgates to every single noble that arrives at the fortress...