Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Meet Ruppy, the glow-in-the-dark puppy  (Read 5262 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meet Ruppy, the glow-in-the-dark puppy
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 07:41:52 pm »

Diversity is what ensures we advance as a species and a civilization.  Change and adaptation to whatever is thrown at us. (Opinion)

As for steel people?  How do they...  reproduce?  Or in such case...  'cover it' without it being so obvious?

I believe our Bronze Megabeasts don't reproduce...

Or do they use something else?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 08:03:36 pm »

Prolly end up just being awesome team sports since individuals will all become corporate front men with tank treads for legs.

Daft

• Bay Watcher
  • Enthusiastic but Incompetent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 08:30:46 pm »

Impossible but awesome!

Alas, since I am already born it is too late to genetically engineer me into a Mary Sue.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 08:34:39 pm »

I don't get the excitment, they have been doing this for years now. The insulin your diabetic coworker takes is produced by genetically engineered bacteria rewired to produce the stuff. They've been doing this since forever ago.

Glow in the dark puppies are great and all, but the implications of this exact sort of technology has been around for awhile now.

Lemme know when I can pay 200$ so that my kid can spit neurotoxins at people from engineered salvia glands in his/her mouth.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 10:40:33 pm »

I say we throw caution and ethics to the wind.  Let us advance into a glow-in-the-dark FUTURE!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2009, 05:20:50 am »

Well, I'm interested in genetic modification and all i can say, is that its the next major awesome boom industry. That said, its a long time off. With the changing of DNA you can effectively rewrite people and their genes, making them more artificially stronger, fasters, more immune to disease and all that.

"Immortality" lies in the genes also.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]