Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom reactions disappearing from the smelter  (Read 536 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Custom reactions disappearing from the smelter
« on: April 23, 2009, 02:11:55 am »

Ok, so I made a bunch of custom reactions to create wood, iron, or stone from one stone and one coal. They work fine, I've seen them work as planned.

However, whenever there is some other possible action in the smelter besides the always-present "melt an object", such as "Smelt magnetite ore," these reactions disappear.

I've made every basic stone count as a flux item, and I have both stones and coal at the time of the disappearance, and whenever I smelt all the magnetite ore (or whatever the option is) the reactions will reappear.

Here are the reactions.

[REACTION:MAKE_FREE_5_IRON_BARS]
[NAME:make 5 iron bars]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
[PRODUCT:100:5:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
[FUEL]

[REACTION:MAKE_FREE_5_WOOD]
[NAME:make 5 wood log]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:5:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:WOOD:CEDAR]

[REACTION:MAKE_FREE_5_MARBLE]
[NAME:make 5 marble]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:5:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:MARBLE]
[FUEL]

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

nicholasneko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom reactions disappearing from the smelter
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 03:09:11 am »

maybe change
into
[REAGENT:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:FLUX]\
?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 04:18:53 am »

If you've marked all stone as flux, all stone will be forbidden on embark. That's one possibility.

Another possiblity is the flux reaction type messing it up, especially if you actualy changed the metal ores to be flux as well - change it to [REAGENT:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:NO_MATGLOSS] to use any kind of stone instead.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 07:13:54 am »

You could just delete the Reagent tag altogether and they'll just smelt things out of thin air.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 12:42:30 pm »

Alright, I tried Sean Mirsen's advice, and made the reagent any kind of stone rather than flux, since this seems like it will reduce any complications with an all-flux stone stockpile. I only modified layer.raw stones to be flux, by the way.

And I just tested it, and it works! Thank you guys for the advice.

Also, I only have the reagents there because if I'm gonna be cheating, I don't want to be cheating completely. I used to have reactions that made 100 steel bars, or 100 coal.

This way, with just three reactions all depending on stone and two depending on coal, I need to have wood furnaces and other materials to get something so it isn't just outright cheating.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 01:36:03 pm »

If you want it to be non-cheating, make it use 5 stones. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India