Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In game editors and have attacks and venoms as seperate RAWs from creatures.  (Read 401 times)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok above quit in the main menu a new option: Editors, basically a nicer way of editing RAWs.
In there is :
Creature Editor
Race Editor
Material Editor
etc

Creature Editor shows body parts much like a container, when opened it shows info about it and any child body parts, when inside a body part you can [A]dd a tag.
When in main part you can [A]dd a body part, it will ask you : name, material, size and organ type.

Race editor includes the creature editor except it will use that creature as the race, but also allow you to specify ethics etc.

And in world gen there will be an option to include custom races and on embark you chose what race to play as.

My other suggestion is to put attacks into a seperate RAW file so it may be used by multiple creatures, this is especially useful for creating zombies with a venom of: [ADD_TAG:[ATTACK:ZOMBYBITE]] instead of having to add each tag of the attack, also do the same with venoms and extracts so they may be used by multiple creatures and attacks whilst only having to specify their name on the body part: [Name:Teeth][Attack:ZOMBYBITE].
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile

Errr... Modability is nice, but I'd rather have a finished product with either the current, notepad-based editing, or even no modding at all, than a game totally centered around nurturing your entire race to galactic domination, which ultimately leaves you unsatisfied and bored with the rudimentary systems in place.

Christ, Spore was disappointing.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A list with all possible tags, a short description of what they do and their possible values in the raws would already be a huge step forward. Ease of use comes much later.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Bricks: I don't mean IN GAME I meant wih the menu where you can choose to world gen , start new game or load game.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275