Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d11] Soldier stuck picking up equipment  (Read 432 times)

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d11] Soldier stuck picking up equipment
« on: April 21, 2009, 12:05:22 pm »

I had a soldier just stand in the same spot "picking up equipment" for a while. I went through all wearable items in the stocks screen and made sure none were forbidden or marked for dumping. He still was stuck.

He was set to fight unarmed, in plate with a shield. I changed this to be unarmed, clothes, no shield. He still remained stuck at "picking up equipment". I gave him a few in-game days--no change.

I deactivated him from service. He was still stuck as "picking up equipment" (I let him sit there for a while after deactivating--no change.)
I tried adding some hauling labors to him (he had all labors disabled)--no change.

I reactivated him for service and maybe fiddled with some of his equipment settings (back to plate/shield I think, don't quite recall), and he finally got unstuck...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d11] Soldier stuck picking up equipment
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 11:25:35 am »

Was he standing on anything?  As in, was there any equipment in the square he was standing in?

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 08:22:39 am »

Did he have either mining or woodcutting enabled in  his civilian jobs? If they have mining on, they will wield a pick when drafted and set to fight unarmed, and I think they might also pick up an axe if they have woodcutting on.

If you're playing any kind of mod, or have weapons like great axes bought from humans, they might be trying to pick up a two-handed axe or pick. However, they cannot do this unless they are set to use 2 weapons, which sometimes causes them to go into an endless loop of trying to pick up a weapon then realising they cannot wield it etc.

edit - Ok just read the original post again, and he had no labors enabled so this can't be the case, but it seems to be the most common cause of them getting stuck picking up equipment.

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 09:11:34 am »

Was he standing on anything?  As in, was there any equipment in the square he was standing in?

I recall seeing him carrying some bolts around as soon as he unstuck... I didn't look under him at the time he was stuck though.