Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dragons  (Read 455 times)

oprichniki

• Escaped Lunatic
  • ,..U,.g,~~.,.~~~
    • View Profile
Dragons
« on: April 20, 2009, 04:25:33 pm »

like alot of people here, im fairly new to DF but am immensely enjoying the game, much more so then most of the games i spend money on that are developed by companies.

at any rate, ive got a small (large?) problem incoming...i just got a message that a Dragon has arrived! wtf do i do? i read the wiki, and i can trap or kill them...what do you veterans do?
“The gorlaks cannot be trusted.”

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragons
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 04:27:34 pm »

Crossbows and Traps, pretty much.  Or legendary guys.  Good luck.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 04:30:55 pm »

Ha, seriously?

What you need is.. a cage trap. A single cage trap. Doesn't matter what kind, even a cage made out of wood will do.

You now have a pet dragon. Have fun. Make sure it doesn't set itself on fire, however.

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 04:53:13 pm »

I captured a dragon by accident once, and planned on making an arena for him to burn goblins in. Unfortunately lead doors melt in dragon fire and it escaped and started a fire in my cloth stockpile. Fortunately my legendary wrestler fortress guard took it down with only a few casualties.

azazel

• Bay Watcher
  • Department of Redundancy Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 12:05:21 am »

I had my latest dragon arrive... right on top of the human invasion.

After the fun ended for the dragon, I picked off the few that survived, then I reaped the rewards.
マグマキッド