Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No gobbos in Civilization list  (Read 458 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No gobbos in Civilization list
« on: April 20, 2009, 11:31:03 pm »

I embarked into a desert, and at this site, under the embark "neighbour" list thing I saw goblins, dwarves, humans, and elves. Goblins and elves had little red dashes next to their name.

Now, in the game, when I go to the civilization screen, I only see dwarves. Does this mean I will not get sieges?
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No gobbos in Civilization list
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 11:32:27 pm »

Civilizations only show up on that screen after you've made contact with them. After you see a kobold thief, the kobold civilization will show up. Same for ambushes/goblin snatches and elven funeral processions.
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 11:32:54 pm »

The civ screen only lists civs you've met in-game. Don't worry, they'll all show up eventually, and the gobs and elves are at war with you.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:43:22 pm »

Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies, I was worried I'd have to restart my fort. I found a great place where I'm going to flood a huge pit/shaft in a desert with water, then build bridges connecting rooms in the sides of the pit together with sealed off and clear-glass-windowed walkways, with a big staircase leading up the center of the pit, and a drawbridge at the top with a massive marksdwarf tower to shoot down at goblins.

If I had to find a new spot and start all over I'd probably kill myself.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 07:32:46 am »

please post a map of your fort once it's up and running - it sounds IMMENSE!

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:18:20 am »

hostile with elves and gobs?  do you have the seed info or could you post your region dir somewhere? 

Awesome.
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter