Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: N00b farming problem  (Read 936 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
N00b farming problem
« on: April 18, 2009, 06:31:22 pm »

I have been playing for a (very) short while now, and on planting my first field I seem to have hit a snag.  I have planted it on subterranian clay, and my farmers had no problem building it.  However, now I can't seem to ask them to plant anything except for Dimple Cups (I have none).  This is why.

I press q.  I go to the farm.  I can press a, b, c or d to select a season, but when I press up or down to select the thing I want I find it instead moves the cursor around.  If I press enter, Dimple Cups are selected.  Pressing f seems to do nothing, and z just deselects Dimple Cups.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: N00b farming problem
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:35:59 pm »

Its + and - to move on most menus

Lesconrads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 06:41:05 pm »

Or whatever you set the keys to in the key-config (in the "escape"-menue ingame).
Having a laptop-keyboard in german layout, i need to reassign many keys - try it, if the +- doesn't work.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 06:44:36 pm »

Ah, I'll try that.  Haven't actually needed it yet, most of the other interfaces (building, tasks) seemed to have worked fine with the arrows.

Having done it now, my farmer walked in there then stood around with a "?" on him.  He then walked out and got the seeds that I asked him to.

Thanks for the help and your patience on this problem.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 07:47:43 pm »

My + and - keys are fn + / and fn + ; , respectively.  So you could see how mad guitar hero skills come in handy while building floor hatches.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned