Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: old worn out clothing - replacing/destroying query  (Read 1326 times)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: old worn out clothing - replacing/destroying query
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 03:06:28 am »

Nope. Amazing.  8)

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 05:07:40 am »

the first thing my new dungeon master announced was a change in price for hoods and socks...i wonder why...(sly dm making them cheap so he can wear MANY)

my clothing production anyway seems to have ground to a halt...pig tails got overtaken by other growing priorities, which meant running out of thread, which meant running out of cloth, which meant naked dwarves (and a lack of bags, irritating!)....

just got to try to convince my military dorfs actually to use the equipment i troubled to get made for them....:s

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 06:18:46 am »

the first thing my new dungeon master announced was a change in price for hoods and socks...i wonder why...(sly dm making them cheap so he can wear MANY)

my clothing production anyway seems to have ground to a halt...pig tails got overtaken by other growing priorities, which meant running out of thread, which meant running out of cloth, which meant naked dwarves (and a lack of bags, irritating!)....

just got to try to convince my military dorfs actually to use the equipment i troubled to get made for them....:s

Clothes, just like bags, can be made out of leather, too. All you need an animal, slaughter, and there's your leather! It's a lot easier than pigtails/ropereed, but it's still required for moods.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 11:19:45 am »

Clothes, just like bags, can be made out of leather, too. All you need an animal, slaughter, and there's your leather! It's a lot easier than pigtails/ropereed, but it's still required for moods.

i guess leather is an option. i've tended towards leather for armor, waterskins, backpacks, that kinda thing...then again, i now have a massive animal overload problem so probably a good idea to ramp up the slaughtering and start tanning hides and making bags....so....let the great tanning begin!

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 11:38:29 am »

i guess leather is an option. i've tended towards leather for armor, waterskins, backpacks, that kinda thing...then again, i now have a massive animal overload problem so probably a good idea to ramp up the slaughtering and start tanning hides and making bags....so....let the great tanning begin!

There ya go. I've got a few stables where I chain up two females and one male of a certain animal (so far I've got the usual Donkey, Horse, Cow/bull and two I have captured.. breeding elks and groundhogs). Any offspring gets put into a cage which is in the middle of a room with tanners, leatherworking, leather stockpile and butcheries. When they grow up, and I need either food, bones or leather.. its chop chop. The Stray WalkingSteak (tame) has been struck down.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 12:52:41 pm »

Working on getting Muskox, horse, cat, dog, and groundhogs.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 [2]