Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Usefulness Of Tamed Animals  (Read 2099 times)

Cult of the Raven

• Bay Watcher
  • likes beards for their dwarfyness
    • View Profile
Re: Usefulness Of Tamed Animals
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 05:25:51 pm »

In one of my forts the elves brought me giant jaguars, cougars, and an elephant in the first year. I chained them up outside my door, made sure the gobbos couldn't shoot them from a distance, and watched the carnage ensue.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 07:06:59 pm »

So, adding the likes fighting tag to animals makes everything better? I'm totally doing that with my next game.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 08:51:20 am »

Chain up a bunch of cats in a locked room, put elves and goblins in chains with them (make sure they can't hurt each other) PUT BOOZE IN THERE, THEN MOD CATS WITH HOMETOHERM: 40000, AND SEVERONBREAKS, it would be like titanic...But with burning cats...:D
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 08:59:34 am »

I regularly dispose of unwanted donkey foals, cats, puppies and other precious creatures by sticking them into a tiny pit with a Goblin POW.

They will fight, and they will do adorable amounts of damage to the Goblin, you just need a lot of them.

If you are wondering, my studies have shown the Donkey foals are much more effective combatants then the cats and puppies.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 09:46:13 am »

Well I once spawned with a  hundred thermo-nuclear Cats on a Dark Orc Tower.

Evry single Orc was instantly set on fire, it was a 6x6 Area and evry single one of them burned to death in less then 10 seconds of game time.

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 03:03:45 pm »

Well I had a dragon caught in a cage trap, had the dungeon master tame him, and chained him up outside the entrance... he shot fireballs at any goblins that tried to make their way inside, but eventually died due to not having enough protection.  Overall, he was a great defense mechanism, for a while.

Entrance way looked something like this:
X - Wall
D - Dragon
Code: [Select]
    X   X  ^
    X   X  | To Fort
    X   X
 XXXX   XXXX

<- Outside ->

XXXXXDXXXXX
     XXX
Would have been better to have the long dragon-facing corridor the outside one, and the other two leading to the fort. That way, the dragon isn't shooting into your fortress.
Pages: 1 [2]