Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: To make the ultimate world... Spoilers [kinda]  (Read 655 times)

Zaius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
To make the ultimate world... Spoilers [kinda]
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:14:50 am »

The idea is to find a way to meet as many of these objectives as possible in genning a world for adventurer mode. A world with a large amount of evil in it, but hopefully with atleast one of every civ still strong at the end.

1. As many as possible of the megabeasts survive

2. All civ's survive with at least... well civilisation.

3. Goblins everywhere

4. Demons?

5. a significant amount of history passes, giving time for interesting things to happen [in particular, all the megabeasts, demons, orcs and goblins killing the life out of everything]

6. orcs?

So far my plan is to modify the megabeasts to have huge size and damblock for world gen, allowing some serious history to occur without them all dying.
Most of my attempts to gen worlds with orcs have resulted in the goblins dying, so my immediate thought is to increase goblin breeding rates and overall population and civ numbers. would that do it, or would the goblins then destroy everything?
i have seen mentions in earlier threads of making demons into a civ, is that as awesome as it sounds, or will i end up with nothing left alive?

I realize the most immediate reaction would be to tell me to experiment until i get it right, but given the number of things i want to happen at once, i would greatly appreciate some advice from people who have done some or all of the above.

Thank you

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To make the ultimate world... Spoilers [kinda]
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:36:15 am »

Try upping the number of caves in world gen.  This can allow for significantly improved megabeast survival rates-- and also semi-megabeast survival rate.  You will need to be careful though, because as their survival goes up, civilization survival can go down.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To make the ultimate world... Spoilers [kinda]
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:14:21 pm »

Extra caves, extra birthrate, and for the evil civs extra biome support tags should all make them survive more easily. To get demons running around, make a demon civilization.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.