Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Merchant Animal Won't Enter Depot [Resolved?]  (Read 910 times)

Phrog

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[40d] Merchant Animal Won't Enter Depot [Resolved?]
« on: April 07, 2009, 04:14:45 pm »

I have a two-humped camel and a macedwarf sitting right outside of my trade depot and they've been there for quite a while. Everybody else has entered the depot except for this pair. I cannot trade with them seeing how they are still "unloading goods." I did a search in the buglist and this particular issue didn't seem like it has been brought up before.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:51:09 pm by Phrog »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Merchant Animal Won't Enter Depot
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 04:25:28 pm »

Sounds like you might want to upload a save with this bug going on.  Dunno.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Phrog

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:00:05 pm »

Here's a download link from RapidShare. I don't have an account there so unfortunately it can only be downloaded ten times.

http://rapidshare.com/files/218975597/dfbugsave.zip.html

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 06:05:56 pm »

Try the Dwarf Fortress File Depot.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/

Completely free, unlimited storage, and no restrictions, so long as it's related to Dwarf Fortress. It even has a special section for bugged saves.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 11:40:53 am »

I'm having the same problem.

Two trade missions have now failed as a result.

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but it started after I built some depots outside (I was trying to level up my architect).

On both occasions, the merchants (humans) sent several wagons, and also some pack mules. 

On the first occasion, the wagons went to the outside depot, but got backed up and never finised unloading, and eventually left.  The mules went to my "proper" depot, and were able to trade.

The second time this happened, the same thing happened, except that the mules never finished unloading either, and the merchants eventually left.

Edited to add:
It's definitely related to building the depot outdoors, at least in my case.

After several goes ate savescumming (in order to test various solutions), I demolished the outside depot.  Imediately, the wagons headed to my inside depot, entered it properly, and instantly unloaded all their goods, allowing my to trade.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:03:04 pm by Iapetus »
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:59:12 pm »

It sounds like it might be related to this bug:

000226 □ [dwarf mode][trade]   having two depots confuses the human traders
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 03:48:07 pm »

You built multiple depots?

Yeah, don't do that. Building more than one at a time causes things like this to happen.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 05:40:27 pm »

Saw this:
Last post by Untelligent
in Re: [40d] Merchant Anima...
And thought,
"Unintelligent Merchant Animals?"

Phrog

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 04:50:40 pm »

The problem has been resolved, though not in a matter I would have expected or wanted. Apparently a wagon was lagging very far behind the rest of the caravan. So much so, in fact, that the rest of the caravan started packing up and got ready to leave before it reached the depot. None of the animals were wounded, nor was the merchant, so I have no clue what could have caused them to take their sweet time getting to the depot, but oh well. The bug could have been much worse.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Merchant Animal Won't Enter Depot [Resolved?]
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 06:46:36 pm »

I've found what usually causes this is they bring a lot of stone or bars, and decide, for whatever reason to put every last one on the same god damned wagon, and all the light stuff on the other ones. At least - thats what it seems like the cause in the games where I've noticed it. No idea what the cause is for yours... Oh, I know! Try killing them and see what their carrying!

That might shed some light on the situation.