Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Admiring  (Read 539 times)

Tizer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:awesome top hat]
    • View Profile
Admiring
« on: April 17, 2009, 04:10:49 am »

On my current fort I have had two peasants get a strange mood and make an earring (☼43200) come on one earring one can't even bother making a pair and an idol (☼9600). Its no all bad because the became legendary stone and wood crafters. But enough of that.

Do dwarfs only admire built furniture? (Ie: They will not admire anying in the furniture stockpile.)
And is they anying that acts like a pedestal in the game so far? Like in real life a large stone pedestal where one of the finest works of art go on top of where people can admire it. So you can have your high value useless artifacts put to a good use.  And if not as far as you know can you mod one into the game?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 07:22:31 am by Tizer »

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
Re: Admiring
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:41:58 am »

I think they will only admire built furniture.  As for a pedestal, there's nothing that will let your dwarves get happy thoughts from being around a non-furniture artifact, but you can set up a 1-tile stockpile to accept only artifact-quality items of the type you want to display and no bins.  That'll put the artifact where you want it, but it'll only be for your own benefit.
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 09:08:32 am »

come on one earring one can't even bother making a pair
It's okay to be gay!

Mister Thou

• Bay Watcher
  • out of ointment and out of time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 09:11:48 am »

Only if you use dwarf companion to change the sex of your dwarfs, apparently.