Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d11] Dwarves won't stockpile large stacks of prepared meals [nevermind]  (Read 652 times)

FunkyWaltDogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a food stockpile which is definitely set to accept prepared meals.  Small stacks of meals (not precisely sure how small, but 9 is few enough while 20 is too many) get put in the stockpile but large stacks sit until they rot.  This bug showed up a while after the fortress was established; I've got one stockpile that has a couple dozen large stacks of meals which I'd like to move to a different stockpile, but dwarves ignore those too, whether I tell the one stockpile to 't'ake from the one with the meals or even if I simply undesignate it.  The meals are not forbidden or anything, hungry dwarves WILL go to the kitchen and take one meal off a large stack to eat.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 09:30:12 pm by FunkyWaltDogg »

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d11] Dwarves won't stockpile large stacks of prepared meals
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:52:39 pm »

Is the stockpile set to hold barrels? Maybe they aren't being moved because dwarves want to put barrels on the stockpile (or it's already full of barrels), and barrels can only hold a stack of 10 or less.

Whenever I'm ready to start making prepared food I make a dedicated prepared food stockpile and turn barrels down really low (just so there are some to condense the small stacks), so I'm not really sure if this is an issue or not on regular food stockpiles with full barrel settings. Guess I haven't really paid much attention to them.
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

FunkyWaltDogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d11] Dwarves won't stockpile large stacks of prepared meals
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 09:29:50 pm »

I figured it out.  I've been hiding stone in my food stockpiles rather than dumping it since barrels can share space with stones, but I forgot that items outside barrels can't.  Only the meals that could fit in barrels were getting put away.