Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newbie Question! (Or why does my new race have four of every body part?)  (Read 685 times)

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello! Long time reader, first time thread starter! I'm looking for some help for modding in new race, the C.O.D. (The Children Of Dwarves)(This is mainly so I can call this the Cod Mod). The idea is that they'll essentially by a civ of mini (size 8 ) bronze collosii, except, well, made of adamantine!
I added in some other stuff, mainly for flavour, but these guys are for me just messing around with fort design and other stuff, without worrying about food, water, etc., and isn't at all for brutal vengeance against the orcs...

So if someone could look at these and tell me why they can start civs, but when i start a fort they have four of every body part, and the p->z thing tells me they've suffered major injuries recently.

Creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Entity:

(Yes I have tried to make them ridiculously overpowered!)

Also, sorry for this rather silly thread, but I can't find the problem myself :/
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

Did you alter the body_default file in any way?

Also, is there anything suspicious in your error log? I don't think that sort of thing would lead to this sort of situation, but you never know, I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:57:20 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, not deliberatly, but I've just looked at them and seems to have four upper body bits... considering I didn't look at these beforehand, is that normal?

I'll post them anyway:
Thanks by the way!
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

My questions/statements are:
1. Is the missing [ at the beginning of the creature an accident?
2. Creatures can only have a maximum of ten children at a time, so [liTTERSIZE:10:12] is the same as [liTTERSIZE:10:10]
3. Did you remember to regen the world after adding them in?
4. Check your errorlogs and report anything suspicious.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, well yes, it was an accident, in the sense that it's left out of the file itself, so I fixed that. Also changed the littlersize, and yup, the world gen went fine!
Anyway, the error, logs...
Unrecognized Entity Token: NAME
Unrecognized Entity Token: TILE
Unrecognized Entity Token: COLOR
AD NAUSEUM for all of the other entity tokens! So maybe it was the missing [ that caused it? A new world is genning now, with the [. Guess we'll find out!