Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Visible dwarven language  (Read 1141 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Visible dwarven language
« on: April 12, 2009, 06:47:43 am »

I was looking at this thread and remembering a suggestion for separate tilesets for the display areas and the text areas. An it occurred to me that some there may be some capacity for things to be written in a dwarven language from a separate tileset. I can't really think of many appropriate uses in the current game other than names, but I could imagine things being decorated with dwarven runes and maybe dwarves having private conversations in dwarven...

Any thoughts?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
Re: Visible dwarven language
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 01:45:05 pm »

Sounds like a bloat, but I'm all for having separate glyphs for writing. Proper runes (or whatever glyphs are provided) would certainly add atmosphere.
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..