Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flying  (Read 440 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Flying
« on: April 11, 2009, 10:24:27 am »

What tag makes things fly. Trying to make a dragon in ADventure mode (again) and i am trying to figure out how to make him/her fly. any help?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flying
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:16:05 am »

Give it a body part with the flying tag. Normally wings do it.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 11:22:38 am »

Add 2WINGS to their body parts (preferably at the end), and [FLIER] somewhere in their raws.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 12:07:32 pm »

Thanks guys.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 12:33:06 pm »

Also, keep in mind that the game doesn't allocate extra z-levels unless it needs to, meaning you won't be able to fly unless there's a multi-story building nearby or you're in some hilly/mountainous terrain.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.