Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minor Question on Doors and Trading  (Read 535 times)

Indra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minor Question on Doors and Trading
« on: April 30, 2009, 01:12:21 pm »

There are two things I never seemed to fully grasp:

1] The "internal" tag for doors. I'm not sure what this is for.
2] Offering items as gifts to merchants when trading, besides making the merchants a bit happier, does it have any other effects?

Thank you.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Question on Doors and Trading
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 01:15:30 pm »

1] The "internal" tag for doors. I'm not sure what this is for.
I think it's mostly cosmetic. Enables you to put a door inside a room without having the roomsize recalculated.

FunkyWaltDogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:31:13 pm »

Offerings are counted in the caravan's revenue from the trip when they're calculating profit.  The more profit they make, the more stuff they'll bring next year.

In addition, offerings to the dwarf civ are one of the requirements for getting a King (although I don't believe they count before you get The Incoming King on your nobles' list).

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:48:03 pm »

The internal tag also lets you make rooms with dividing walls. External doors are treated like walls, and stop the room spread. Internal doors are treated like open space, and let the room spread through (and count toward the room's value when they do).
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Indra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 02:09:43 pm »

Offerings are counted in the caravan's revenue from the trip when they're calculating profit.  The more profit they make, the more stuff they'll bring next year. In addition, offerings to the dwarf civ are one of the requirements for getting a King.
Finally, I have a good reason to get rid all that the access junk, woohoo!

External doors are treated like walls, and stop the room spread. Internal doors are treated like open space, and let the room spread through.
Ah, that makes sense. A dining room with a lot of doors seems like a good idea now!