Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Option: Don't fill bins in the depot  (Read 909 times)

Seshat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Option: Don't fill bins in the depot
« on: March 29, 2009, 11:06:33 am »

It seems that when I bring a bin to the depot, and sell stuff from it, it ends up lying around at the depot with whatever goods I didn't sell still in it.

But then it appears (I may be wrong) that it gets designated for some stockpile or other at random, and the dwarves start filling it with things for that stockpile: regardless of whatever else might be already in it.

So my thought is this: bins in the depot should be moved to an appropriate stockpile (if there is a suitable one), or emptied. But never re-filled while still in the depot.

Opinions?

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Option: Don't fill bins in the depot
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 12:26:38 am »

If this is the case, it sounds more like a bug to me.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

vitaoma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 12:24:31 pm »

I know what you mean, it's not a bug. You just have to uncheck the bin as a trading item when the negotiation is over. It'd be nice that all items were unchecked when the caravan leaves your depot, if that doesn't hapeen yet.

Seshat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 06:06:30 pm »

That would be terrific - automatic unchecking, if, as you say, it's not being done. But bins that are sitting and waiting for being traded shouldn't be able to be stocked with stuff, either.