Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making Elves MAD!!  (Read 2234 times)

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Making Elves MAD!!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 10:33:26 am »

i have no time to find it now, but someone had a thread where elves had invaded and subsumed a dwarven civ, or perhaps it was the other way round. the effect was, that their dwarf king was actually an elf. they started a thread to take suggestions on what to do with their elf king when he arrived.

crazily enough their first siege came in the form of some other tribe of elves that was at war with their civ. double the awesome.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 03:42:52 am »

I've had a dwarf queen ruling one of my worlds, too.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 11:56:09 am »

I tried modding in those things from pitch black... at least at the extent of a metric load of vicious fliers coming to attack my base instead of relying solely on sieges... They haven't shown up yet... I think I have to play with the Tags... =-c

But anyways... Mass stockpiles of wood, lots of stuff made of wood, offending them, killing all elves that appear on your map (diplomat mostly), soaps, meats, etc around the depot. A slaughter house next to said depot might help.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 01:35:48 pm »

Well, that shouldn't be an issue. They usually arrive on a cinnabar avenue lined with piles of rotten goblin corpses, and go into a hole lined with wooden axles, before the wooden screw pumps drown the lot of them.
Maybe I need wooden roads as well.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Wanderer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 02:10:06 pm »

In my latest fort I tried to murder my elven diplomat, to provoke a siege, by locking him in a room with 20 goblins. After he killed them all (with his bare hands no less) he went completely insane and and ran gibbering out of my fort, jumping off any high ledge he could find, before leaving the map. He never came back to my fort again, but I'm wondering if the elves count him as a dead diplomat? I'm assuming he died somewhere outside of the boundaries of my fort seeing as how he was stark raving mad.

tomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 04:44:11 pm »

In my latest fort I tried to murder my elven diplomat, to provoke a siege, by locking him in a room with 20 goblins. After he killed them all (with his bare hands no less) he went completely insane and and ran gibbering out of my fort, jumping off any high ledge he could find, before leaving the map. He never came back to my fort again, but I'm wondering if the elves count him as a dead diplomat? I'm assuming he died somewhere outside of the boundaries of my fort seeing as how he was stark raving mad.
No, as far as an entity leaves map it is considered that it's jurney was safe wherever it was going to.

Wanderer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 05:22:51 pm »

>>No, as far as an entity leaves map it is considered that it's jurney was safe wherever it was going to.

Then there is hope for a feast of -**-Elf Meat Stew-**- yet! I just need to draw that diplomat in again...

Belteshazzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 05:23:50 pm »

That's a pretty badass elf watch out, as I'll bet he is going to hide in the hills learning the ways of the wild until he Sneaks back and goes Rambo on your Dwarves with a savage army of beastmen in his sway.
In the year 570, Kjerdregus occurred.

Wintrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 01:51:54 am »

The thing about elves is, they don't die of old age. And they have nothing better to do than breed. So you get a huge amount of elves running around.
Wars will kill most of them, but a few will survive to become superelvenly tough. Over time, everybody's superhumans/dwarves die of old age, but not the elven heroes, they just keep getting stronger. And churning out more elf-spawn.
Dwarfs being in love with gold. "What? No, we only say that to get it into bed."

scale_e

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 04:40:54 am »

The thing about elves is, they don't die of old age. And they have nothing better to do than breed. So you get a huge amount of elves running around.
Wars will kill most of them, but a few will survive to become superelvenly tough. Over time, everybody's superhumans/dwarves die of old age, but not the elven heroes, they just keep getting stronger. And churning out more elf-spawn.

Yeah, they are a problem allright. You might not think they are a problem, but for every one you see, there are a hundred more you don't see. Get a few trapped in ur walls, and its all over. Give it a few generations and they'll explode out of the walls, complaining and bitching about everything they see, and that's if they haven't been gnawing on the foundations, destabilizing the whole place.
Solutions? Gassing doesn't work to well, misasma just makes them complain more. Nope, the only really effective way to stop an "elfocalypse" is magma. And lots of it. Pour it through your fort and then dig it all back out again a few years later.
Pages: 1 [2]