Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Epic Starting Spot  (Read 3895 times)

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Starting Spot
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 08:40:46 am »

Oh, I understand that that map was from 2d. No free spiders out of pits for us.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 01:12:00 pm »

Heh. Only thing that could make this place better is if it had a savage biome of each alignment in it!

I'm looking for something like that. It's slow going D:

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 03:22:45 pm »

Heh. Only thing that could make this place better is if it had a savage biome of each alignment in it!

I'm looking for something like that. It's slow going D:
Here.

Not perfect, but it might be worth looking at.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 03:07:25 am »

Nice looking site, if you change the [HISTORY_SEED:337286772] to something else then you can get elves too, it won't change the landscape just the civs :).
Does it matter what we change it to?

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 03:25:42 am »

I embarked twice and spawned next to the chasm twice. Fun, but not for a novice like me who likes to build a sweet fortress. But I guess the champion DF players like this a lot.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 03:38:14 am »

NeedsDF just remove [HISTORY_SEED:337286772] all together and it will use a random one when you generate the world :).
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 03:43:35 am »

NeedsDF just remove [HISTORY_SEED:337286772] all together and it will use a random one when you generate the world :).
Excellent idea! Maybe I'll get 4 goblin civs!

I know elves are pretty unloved... hell, so far I always end up at war with them. However, I'm kinda partial to starting out with a friendly elven civ at the outset, because they ALWAYS bring me a leopard. I've only played two fortresses so far, nevertheless it's been uncanny and sweet. Nothing is more pimp than a leopard lounging at your entrance, flanked by giant sawblades.

acropora

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • mintSudoku
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 05:35:02 am »

heh, started at this spot and now a giant cave spider has killed all from my 7 starting dwarves except the miner because he was mining away from the surface. edit: outpost name is: "doorburial", that expains all.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 06:16:56 am by acropora »

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 07:01:29 am »

heh, started at this spot and now a giant cave spider has killed all from my 7 starting dwarves except the miner because he was mining away from the surface. edit: outpost name is: "doorburial", that expains all.

The irony in fortress names is just uncany.  I just tried the Zombie mod and my "fortress" was named Bloodplunged.  Before the first year ended I got a zombie "siege" and almost all seven starting dwarves died as they drank from the river....... bloody river now, although the last guy was sleeping at the time.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.
Pages: 1 [2]