Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cashmoney  (Read 789 times)

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
Cashmoney
« on: April 11, 2009, 07:06:40 am »

Any idea if modding the currency has any issues?

I find it odd, the value intervals, and wanted to add support for a full gamut.  Copper, silver, electrum, gold, platinum.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: Cashmoney
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 08:51:29 am »

Last time I checked, you can't. Although that might have changed....

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 10:22:57 am »

There are tags for it.

Yes, you can change it to any metal you want to.  For example, you could make adamantine coins WORTH something.
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 11:58:00 am »

Doing this also has the side effect of adventure mode shopkeepers having more money.  It seems they are hardcoded to have a certain about of dwarfbucks in every coin type. 

If you add more coin types, they will have an extra ~3000☼ (I don't remember the exact amount) per cointype.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 04:50:51 pm »

[CURRENCY:COPPER:1]
[CURRENCY:SILVER:10]
[CURRENCY:ELECTRUM:25]
[CURRENCY:GOLD:100]
[CURRENCY:PLATINUM:1000]

Sound good?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 05:03:16 pm »

Well, honestly the Dwarven Economy isn't all that well implemented yet. Until coin stacks recombine themselves, it's much more sensible to do without it, or keep all money locked away in a vault somewhere, or the like. Changing the values of coinage, adding coinage or whatever won't cause problems, probably, though could cause some hilarity in dwarf mode. All the peasants are carrying around copper coins, the nobles carrying around platinums. Reverse their values. Communism is victorious.
!!&!!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:29 am »

[CURRENCY:COPPER:1]
[CURRENCY:SILVER:10]
[CURRENCY:ELECTRUM:25]
[CURRENCY:GOLD:100]
[CURRENCY:PLATINUM:1000]

Sound good?

Currently shopkeepers have 1000x whatever types of metal you put in the list. This has been confirmed through individual testing. At the moment, every shopkeeper of your race above will have:
1,000 copper pieces
10,000 silver pieces
25,000 electrum pieces
100,000 gold pieces
1,000,000 platinum pieces

Which is approximately equivalent to the value of 21,801,000 copper pieces. This means you could rob one store and have unlimited money for forever as an adventurer. It also means that if you ever embarked upon a town of this race you would suffer immense sieges from everyone in the first year due to your fort being literally worth millions upon embark.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 01:24:28 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 07:13:01 am »

.....done.

Do you have to re-gen the world?

I got a 4x4 site with sand, soil, rain (some), flux, obsidian, magma pipe, HFS, trees, and all civs (including 3 customs).  So i'd prefer not to have to regen..

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 08:51:24 am »

.....done.

Do you have to re-gen the world?

I got a 4x4 site with sand, soil, rain (some), flux, obsidian, magma pipe, HFS, trees, and all civs (including 3 customs).  So i'd prefer not to have to regen..

It's an entity change, so yes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 09:25:45 am »

Just reenter the seeds and gen the world and it should at least have everything but the civs at the worst.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.