Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: yay caves!  (Read 541 times)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
yay caves!
« on: April 07, 2009, 05:05:44 pm »

So once I had a fort with a nifty cave exposed to the world a short distance from my fortress entrance.  The was a cyclops and other fun somethings in it, I hadn't ventured into it yet, and everything was well.

Then I was sieged.  Without an army yet...(don't ask I'm not sure how that happened it was a few forts ago)

By chance, the goblins decided to invade the cave prior to destroying my fort.  This turned out to be a mistake as the cyclops decimated the entire Siege.

Great right?

Wrong.

Every dwarf not allready occupied dashed into the cave to recover the fallen bodies.
The Cyclops was okay with this.  The 10-20 odd trolls were not. It took only a few minutes for the dwarf bodies to outnumber the goblin bodies. The rest is pretty predictable.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
Re: yay caves!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 05:37:17 pm »

I wonder why the Cyclops didn't do anything.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
Re: yay caves!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 07:18:21 pm »

because he like beardy guys running around in his cavern
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!