Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding tags  (Read 559 times)

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
Modding tags
« on: April 06, 2009, 07:31:16 pm »

Basically, post ideas for any tag here that won't appear in game, and will be more for mods.

e.g.

[EDIBLE]: Add to any material to make it considered something that can be eaten. This way, mods may have dwarves mining for cheese and tofu.

[LATEGAME:x]: Creature only starts spawning in your fortress area after x months. Alternativly, this could be done in fortress wealth, like seiges.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: YCS
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 09:38:15 pm »

[LATEGAME:x]: Creature only starts spawning in your fortress area after x months. Alternativly, this could be done in fortress wealth, like seiges.

Why?  That goes against the realism-based spirit of the game.

I also note you've made like twenty threads in the past few days, and kindly request you stop flooding the forum with every idea that pops into your head, and instead try to form one coherent thread for your ideas.   Likewise, I suggest that you read the devnotes and try searching for ideas before posting them.   The majority of things you've posted have been discussed before.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding tags
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:29:22 am »

Why?  That goes against the realism-based spirit of the game

Hmmm ignoring the fact that Toady does break realism for gameplay quite a bit as it is anyhow. (Examples too numberous to be even worth mentioning. Endless Sieges are already on the drawing board as it is.)

Lategame would be better if it was changed to a Population, resource, and other kind of requirements (perhaps noble) for the creature to even think about attacking.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Modding tags
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 04:45:15 pm »

I like [EDIBLE] but I'm worried because foods have all sorts of other data associated with them that you would need a way to connect to.

I don't like [LATEGAME:x] for a couple reasons, but mostly because sieges stop appearing out of thin air SOON.  Maybe not this next update, but quite possibly the one after that.  It's already possible to extinct some critters or to run out of goblin commanders, etc.

If you wanted any sort of tag like that, you would need a new tag telling it that it's supposed to spawn out of thin air.  And that might not be a bad thing.  In fact I like that idea.  I just can't think of a good name for it.

Capntastic, please don't tell him not to post ideas.  I don't think I've seen an idea like [LATEGAME] before and it's actually a very good suggestion that needs some refining.  People who post ideas with thought behind them are very much needed, and I think that's what we have here.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!