Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Tales of Kuletrith: A New Hope (Community Fortress)  (Read 773 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
The Tales of Kuletrith: A New Hope (Community Fortress)
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:37:36 pm »

Cat Leather Journal of Luke Kolikal

1st of Granite
I hate this place.
For the second time in over a year, I have been kicked out of a fortress for no other reason than to please some snob noble. I defended that place for years, but the minute I swipe the last Dwarven Beer, good bye bed, hello open road.

Fortunitly, a group decided to create a new colony. They had no need for a Sworddwarf, but they need a farmer. A quick name change and I was ready to start a new life.

Or so I thought.

First off, there is both an explosed bottomless pit and magma pipe south of our position, no doubt, fill to the brim with monsters. I think I saw a rat bigger than me. Second, the miners have mentioned the chance of an aquifer. And third: Our driver stopped right next to the brook!

Welcome to Abbeybells. I need a drink.

Including me, we have seven Dwarves
2 miners
1 woodworker
1 mason
1 farmer (me)
1 cook/brewer
and our resident noble. I'll give him month.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 01:46:13 am by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Kuletrith: A New Hope (Community Fortress)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 11:57:58 pm »

Profession: Lumberjack
Name: Okay
Sex: Male

Challenge: Can only wear woman's clothes.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 01:42:43 am »

Really?  Seven, all male?

I'll take the cook/brewer.

Most bartenders use a bottle to bash their rowdy patrons' heads.  Frey uses kegs.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 02:23:28 am »

Really?  Seven, all male?
*Facepalm* Not what I ment.

The events of Granite 20th

"Put you backs into it!" yelled out the Trader as several berrels were moved from where the wagon had stopped  and was now gone. The brook gave no end of mad as everyone moved all the supplies inside.

"Hey, look at me!" yelled one of the miner "I'm walking on water!" This induced a wave of groans from the others.

"Why is the enterance to our fort right next to the brook? asked Frey as she took another keg to the stockpile.

"I have no idea" replied Luke as he dragged a bag of pig tail seeds. The fort entrence already had several spots for where siege weapons would be placed, but for now the workplaces would fill the spots.

"But hey, look on the bright side" said the Trader has he dropped some wood onto the ground "at least we're work with some nice chicks, like the wood cutter"

Luke and Fray paused, staring at the noble. Luke placed his hand on his shoulder and said "I hate to tell you this, friend, but that chick? She's a dude.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 10:00:56 pm »

Muddied Cat Leather Journal of Luke Kolikal

2st Slate
Well, it's been a month. We're all still alive. That has to count for something.

For all the crap that the miners have pulled, I'll admit that it's nice to be underground again. Never have I wanted to sleep on a rough obsidian floor so much in my entire life. we have an area to set a barracks, but will still need to build beds. Till then, nice to meet you floor.

Our carpenter, or rather "Lumberjack", goes by the name of "Okay" Idenolil. Nice fellow. Your average Dwarf, except the fact that he wears a dress! I realize that there would a few crazy on the trip but why why why a cross-dress carpenter oh I'm sorry lumberjack. Our trader had tried to demand he take off the dress, but when he saw him carry the entire iron anvil with him to the stockpile, trader let out gasp and run in the other direction, calming that he had a meeting. The others were speechless. I couldn't breath, I was laughing too hard.

Another Dwarf of note would be Frey, our brewer/cook. She seems nice, but when someone tried to take a barrel of dwarven rum under her watch, he was chased all the way to the bottemless pit, and had to sleep in the mud. Note to self: Never piss off Frey any where near a frying pan.

Oh, remember when I said I thought I saw a really big rat?

Yeah. I'm going to ask when they put the door up.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 10:02:38 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 02:01:18 am »

I'll take the mason

Sandstone will be the name.

figured i would jump on a community fortress, before trying to run one of my own.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 08:00:09 am »

I'll take a miner with the name of Sir.
NOT THE BEES!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:07:26 am »

I shall take second miner, name him/her Person.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:09:59 am »

Ill take the miner
Proffesion: SwordCook
Name: Humble
Sex: Male.

Challenge: Become a great swordsdwarf and to only die in battle.

Damn you Kat. Taking my miner!

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.